TheFknHansons

Sep 25, 2015
Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
image.jpeg

We are so worried!!! Roxy is on antibiotics for respiratory infection and we noticed today that her right eye bottom lid appears to maybe be looser than the other and has a red slimey bit. Im not sure what this is...Do I take her to the vet?

We have been to the vet twice in the 6 DAYS we have had her. Fleas....Respiratory Infection....Allergies with a rash....

Im in tears a bit and am hoping someone can help.

We really appreciate the support :)

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1 MB · Views: 120

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hard too tell from the photos. It doesn't look that bad, could just be simple allergies. Does it look like part of her bottom inner lid is popping out? Or is it just red?? If it's just irritated due to allergies, just do a quick sterile eye rinse. Should help settle.
Can you try to take a pic from her front?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my odie's eyes got like that when he was on some strong medicine in ICU.. it was his own precision medicine. it worked great on him.

OP
TheFknHansons

TheFknHansons

Sep 25, 2015
Lebanon PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxy
Hard too tell from the photos. It doesn't look that bad, could just be simple allergies. Does it look like part of her bottom inner lid is popping out? Or is it just red?? If it's just irritated due to allergies, just do a quick sterile eye rinse. Should help settle.
Can you try to take a pic from her front?

It is not popping out but it does look very red....much like pink eye. She does have an upper respiratory infection so this is possibly pink eye as a result. She has been itching at her face since last night. Just being a very worried mommy here!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
It is not popping out but it does look very red....much like pink eye. She does have an upper respiratory infection so this is possibly pink eye as a result. She has been itching at her face since last night. Just being a very worried mommy here!

Clean with a cotton ball & some sterile eye wash :) I bet it's just inflamed. You can wipe her fave folds with some witch hazel. To help the itch.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I am thinking the same... Just like when we have a cold our ryes get irritated and red

I hope she feels better soon

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.