TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@nycbullymama @2BullyMama

Yep, it causes increased thirst & urination. Tyson just got off some. Not prednisone , I went with something a bit ligher (Temaril P) that also has an antihistamine.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Powers you are a Great looking young bully, so glad you are home with Dad. I know you will be feeling Great after all this is over with the Growing Pains, You are a strong boy, you can make it, especially with so much Love You have for your Dad, and your Dad for You. Me and Elmo are sending Loads of Love and Kisses To You Sweet Powers.

OP
fitchalcyone

fitchalcyone

Sep 23, 2015
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Powers
Hi, Jessica and all. Sorry it has been a little while. I honestly was beginning to type out an update from my work desk last week, but then realized I had no new pictures uploaded at the moment. So, now I'm back with those in tow, as well. :)

Powers has been doing great; it appears the prednisone was what he needed for the time being. We're beginning to wean his doses down, and so far he seems to be okay with the changes. He's had a few more accidents since then due to the extra water, but other than that he's been doing quite well. Does prednisone also increase bullies' appetites? I've noticed he gets extremely excited come feeding time now, and he will clean his bowl swiftly and keep looking for more.

Thanks for checking up on us, I'll try to keep the updates more frequent. Enjoy the pictures.

WP_20151017_20_36_04_Pro.jpgWP_20151017_21_20_48_Pro.jpgWP_20151024_12_51_59_Pro.jpg

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Happy to hear he us still doing well and able to eat. Yes, pred will cause some to be almost ravenous.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
So happy to see you posting and I love new pics of Powers.

I think Powers is going to get through this just fine, just gonna take a little bit of time until he grows out of it.

Please keep us updated.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boy he is a good looking bulldog! Good to see he's feeling better.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I.too am so happy that Powers is doing so much better-thanks to your willingness not to give up on him. He is a lucky boy to have a Dad like you!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
He looks so good! Glad he's acting like a bully and acts like we're always starving them!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
He looks great!!! Such a wonderful update! Yes, hunger and peeing, the gifts of prednisone :) So so so happy that all is going well, and Powers is a happy boy!

OP
fitchalcyone

fitchalcyone

Sep 23, 2015
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Powers
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Regarding the extra hunger, how did you all handle it? Did you actually feed them more or stick to the schedule? I tried one day to give him one more bowl for dinner to see if he'd get full and stop. That didn't work and he destroyed bowl #2, haha.

Pics of the day include one of my favorites: his waiting-for-a-treat-face. Also, seeing as we're near Halloween, I've included him in his costume. I'll take better ones soon, but just an idea to see how silly he looks right now.

WP_20151028_19_39_23_Pro.jpgWP_20151028_21_10_19_Pro.jpgWP_20151028_21_11_58_Pro.jpg

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks everyone for the kind words. Regarding the extra hunger, how did you all handle it? Did you actually feed them more or stick to the schedule? I tried one day to give him one more bowl for dinner to see if he'd get full and stop. That didn't work and he destroyed bowl #2, haha.

Pics of the day include one of my favorites: his waiting-for-a-treat-face. Also, seeing as we're near Halloween, I've included him in his costume. I'll take better ones soon, but just an idea to see how silly he looks right now.

View attachment 92683View attachment 92684View attachment 92685

Couldn't bumble bee ever!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

View attachment 92683View attachment 92684View attachment 92685

For Banks, I added green beans to her meals.... no calorie filler :D

I love his teefers... that bee can sting me anytime -- so freakin cute

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Oh my, isn't he the cutest bumble bee ever!!
Give him a HUGE smooch from me please.

Green beans, like [MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] said make a great filler.

OP
fitchalcyone

fitchalcyone

Sep 23, 2015
Dallas, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Powers
Hi, everyone. I hope everyone has been having a good weekend so far. Sorry I've been out again. Admittedly, I've picked up a second job for the holidays to help alleviate the hospital bill Powers got when he first got sick.

Powers is doing pretty well. Appetite, thirst, and energy are as usual. Only real thing that's happened lately is that he started getting really, really awful diarrhea on Thursday. This is the first time he's ever went #2 in his crate (done it a few times), so it's apparently a bit for him, too. I've had him on the bland diet for right now to see if that'll help calm his stomach. Any other suggestions? He'll be at the vet this week for a follow-up, so I can also check for suggestions from the vet then.

Thanks, everyone! Here's a picture of him throwing rice everywhere yesterday.

WP_20151107_17_16_06_Pro.jpg

Most Reactions