As far as I know, the meds are at least keeping him relatively comfortable. Each night I visit him he seems "okay," though you can still tell that something is on his mind and distracting him from being himself. He has been kept hydrated by them through IVs as well, thankfully.
I haven't heard from the doctor yet today, but I'm just waiting on laundry to finish before I head over there to visit and discuss the situation further. I have a lot of questions ready for her regarding the tube process should I go with that, and then I hope to speak to Powers' main vet tomorrow to see what she thinks, as well. The emergency clinic has been good about updating her with progress, so I'll see if she has seen the new information and get her input. She is in love with Powers (she also has a Frenchie) and I've always felt comfortable with discussions with her. I'll keep you all posted with what happens. Thanks so much, once again.