Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Some Advice Requested & Introduction

Quote Originally Posted by fitchalcyone View Post
    Hi, everyone! I'm sorry I've been quiet for some time, just been very busy with work.

Powers has been doing very well. Still on Prednisone, but a lower dose and he hasn't been sick since the last vet visit. His energy and appetite are usual, and I think he's adjusting fine to his growing pains. The only issue I'm having now is that he's having little bald patches pop up where he's losing a little hair. The vet had seen this as maybe an immune system thing tied to his bone condition, and I'll see what she thinks about it the next time I take him in. Do you all have any experience with hair loss? What did you do to address it?

I don't have many pictures of him lately, but here's a fun one that you all may like (you'll have to click to see it on this one). I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, give your Bullies extra hugs and treats. They are truly one-of-a-kind...

Feeding Time for Powers - GIF on Imgur

Hey Chip.... good to see you posting! Glad to hear Powers is progressing and adjusting to all that is going on. He is one handsome boy!
    As for the loss of hair... do they start as a scab and then the fur falls off easily? If yes, it is most likely staph infection which is usually due to a weaken immune system.... add some probiotics to his meals (plain yogurt) will help.

Merry Christmas!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by fitchalcyone View Post
    Hi, everyone! I'm sorry I've been quiet for some time, just been very busy with work.

Powers has been doing very well. Still on Prednisone, but a lower dose and he hasn't been sick since the last vet visit. His energy and appetite are usual, and I think he's adjusting fine to his growing pains. The only issue I'm having now is that he's having little bald patches pop up where he's losing a little hair. The vet had seen this as maybe an immune system thing tied to his bone condition, and I'll see what she thinks about it the next time I take him in. Do you all have any experience with hair loss? What did you do to address it?

I don't have many pictures of him lately, but here's a fun one that you all may like (you'll have to click to see it on this one). I hope you all have a wonderful holiday, give your Bullies extra hugs and treats. They are truly one-of-a-kind...

Feeding Time for Powers - GIF on Imgur
    Chip! It's wonderful seeing a great update from you. Sending Powers many Christmas hugs! I pray he continues to get better & stronger as he grows!
    Don't forget about us! Yes, I agree with Christine on weakened immune. I'd get him on some probiotics & maybe a multivitamin. Keep in touch!

-Jessica

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

4. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

MERRY CHRISTMAS PRECIOUS POWERS, SO HAPPY YOU ARE DOING WONDERFUL. YOU ARE REALLY A BEAUTIFUL BULLY BOY.

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314

Remove Ads