Bulldog Joint Supplements- when and which ones?

bellaroo

Jun 28, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella and Daisy
Hello,
My bulldgog pup is my first dog. She is ten months old. She seems to be having leg problems lately after playing outside or going on walks, and its a different leg each time it happens. She will limp for a week or so on a certain leg when exercising, and then it will go away and some new leg will start up a week later. I have had her checked by a vet twice for this on two different occassions, and both times I was told it must be a strain and to keep her resting for a while (which is no easy task for a 10 month old!). We are currently not giving her any joint supplements, and I am wondering if it may be time to start. Do any of you have any recommendations on when a bulldog pup should be started on joint supplements and which ones are the best? I have read good things online about Dasuquin, does anyone have any experience or knowledge on that? Any help would be appreciated.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
You can start your pup on joint supplements any time at any age. I highly recommend nujoint plus

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
We have a 10 mth old and he has been on NuVet supplements since he was 4 mths old

OpieRay

Aug 19, 2014
Nevada
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Opie
Hello, sorry I'm a tad late to the game. Our boy Opie has been on joint sups since we picked him up at 3 months. Better to start early than later. We prefer to use Consequin Plus, manly on here will recommend nuvet. We have him on consequin because that's what the breeder recommended. I say just start your pup on them either way. Opie gets strains sometimes when we play hard. Usually they'll go away after a couple days. We usually take him on a mile walk every morning but when we notice his limp we'll just do a nice easy walk in the morning and light play till he's feeling better.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Nujoint, Cosequin (I also use Cosequin DS) or Phycox.

All three are excellent joint supplements.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.