Worried about Sophie

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Well after having played with the frog around 7 a.m. Thursday, Sophie seemed to have a normal day. She participated in her usual activities and ate her usual three meals. However, a little over two hours after her supper, she threw up. It is now 6 hours past her last meal, and from what I can tell, she has thrown everything up since breakfast on Thursday. There was nothing unusual in her vomit, other than a leaf. She is now very lethargic and sleeping on the bathroom floor.

I don't know what to do. At this point, I plan to take her in to the local vet at 8 o'clock. I've given her a bowl of water, and she has no interest. Any suggestions?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Oh NO! I would be at the ER vet..... sending prayers she is doing better this morning.

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I almost did go to ER, but it is over an hour drive. My mother convinced me to wait until morning. Sophie seems to be her usual self this morning. Keeping a close watch on her.

Thanks!

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
I have Sophie at work with me today, and I am keeping a close eye on her. I fed her chicken and rice at 7 this morning, and she has kept it down so far. She had been playful and her usual self. If that changes, I will take her straight to the vet.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Well after having played with the frog around 7 a.m. Thursday, Sophie seemed to have a normal day. She participated in her usual activities and ate her usual three meals. However, a little over two hours after her supper, she threw up. It is now 6 hours past her last meal, and from what I can tell, she has thrown everything up since breakfast on Thursday. There was nothing unusual in her vomit, other than a leaf. She is now very lethargic and sleeping on the bathroom floor.

I don't know what to do. At this point, I plan to take her in to the local vet at 8 o'clock. I've given her a bowl of water, and she has no interest. Any suggestions?

Yes...my Bentley boy has a fetish for toads as well. He ate one and he frothed at the mouth for a few minutes and then everything was OK. No puking though. Frogs/toads are very active in the evening early morning and after it rains.

One thing I will say is that Oak trees...leaves....acorns are not good for the bullies. Bentley ate an acorn and was sick for a couple of days...he too was lethargic. It is now the time of the year that the acorns are falling in the yard and everywhere else. Soon the leaves will start to fall. Got watch the kids (bullies) a little better to make sure they do not put that stuff in their mouth.

I am glad to hear Sophie is better.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I don't know what kind of "frogs" you have in Texas(probably BIGGER!) but here there are a lot of toads, that come around in the eve. to catch the bugs. When you pick them up, they squirt a fluid on you, and when they squirt the dogs,it makes them foam(the dogs) Maude is obsessed with them and when they hop,she hops! So far, no one has eaten them. I did have a Siberian Husky that ate one. She foamed, and then she had a seizure. Once the seizure was over, all was well and she never had another one and was fine,thank goodness. This year there are more acorns than ever,and I have to deal with them. [MENTION=14393]Mom of Tucker[/MENTION] I am so glad Sophie is doing well so far and hope it stays that way!!

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Hope Sophie is feeling good today!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.