Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 13 to 18 of 18

Thread: Frogs & Bulldogs

  1. #13
    Pet Sitter Mom of Tucker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    368
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)
    274

    Default Re: Frogs & Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by natski282 View Post
    With all the Veggie gardening I do , I encourage the frogs and toads even have little houses for them in the garden i built , which also brings the snakes too . I have never seen the dogs go after them so far but I am glad to have this info with a pup coming home soon .
    I am curious about the hydrogen peroxide what dosage would you give , not sure a whole bottle would be good for the dog or am I wrong there
    I don't know that having her throw up would have helped her situation, as the substance she got from the frog was liquid, and probably soaked into her oral cavity. I have heard of using a small amount of hydrogen peroxide to get your dog to throw up an object or something solid. A tablespoon or so to start.


    Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

  2. #14
    Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member natski282's Avatar
    Real Name
    Nat
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Barrys Bay Ont Canada
    Posts
    2,320
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Primrose= Rosie and Megan = Meg,
    Likes (Received)
    3173

    Default Re: Frogs & Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mom of Tucker View Post
    I don't know that having her throw up would have helped her situation, as the substance she got from the frog was liquid, and probably soaked into her oral cavity. I have heard of using a small amount of hydrogen peroxide to get your dog to throw up an object or something solid. A tablespoon or so to start.
    Thanks Ginger
    YOU MIGHT BE A BULLDOG IF...

    ...everyone else in a room with you is pinching their noses
    ...you snore like a chain saw.
    ...it takes too much energy to beg
    ...your snore is louder than your bark
    ...you have never seen your tail...what is a tail anyways?
    ...you're the loudest snorer in the house.

  3. Likes Mom of Tucker liked this post
  4. #15
    Pet Sitter Mom of Tucker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    368
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)
    274

    Default Re: Frogs & Bulldogs

    Sophie has just now thrown up her supper that she ate about 2 1/2 hours ago. She has been her usual self today, eating breakfast and lunch and keeping those down. I don't think it is related to the frog, unless she found it dead in the yard after supper. I just gave her a Ranitidine tablet, so I will keep watching her.


    Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

  5. #16
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11491

    Default Re: Frogs & Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mom of Tucker View Post
    Sophie has just now thrown up her supper that she ate about 2 1/2 hours ago. She has been her usual self today, eating breakfast and lunch and keeping those down. I don't think it is related to the frog, unless she found it dead in the yard after supper. I just gave her a Ranitidine tablet, so I will keep watching her.
    how she doing now -- was the rest of the night OK?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  6. #17
    Pet Sitter Mom of Tucker's Avatar
    Real Name
    Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    368
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)
    274

    Default Re: Frogs & Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    how she doing now -- was the rest of the night OK?
    She threw up all night, everything since breakfast yesterday. I know this because I had given her a blueberry then, and it was in the last of it.

    This morning she is back to her playful puppy self, and I fed her chicken and rice. Suppose I will keep a close eye on her and take her in if she gets sick again.

    Thank you for asking!


    Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

  7. #18
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,160
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11491

    Default Re: Frogs & Bulldogs

    Quote Originally Posted by Mom of Tucker View Post
    She threw up all night, everything since breakfast yesterday. I know this because I had given her a blueberry then, and it was in the last of it.

    This morning she is back to her playful puppy self, and I fed her chicken and rice. Suppose I will keep a close eye on her and take her in if she gets sick again.

    Thank you for asking!
    I hope she is all past it.... fingers crossed
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  8. Likes Mom of Tucker liked this post
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •