Roxi limping

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Roxi, who is almost 8 months old, has been limping on and off for about 2 week. It is one of her front paws. It's not all of the time and it varies in severity. She doesn't seem to be in pain and will let me rub her legs and paws. She will "shake" when we are working on tricks and runs around and plays like she always has. I've looked in between her pads and... Nothing. I'm at a loss. I'll plan to take her to the vet one day and magically she doesn't limp. I don't know what to do and I certainly don't want there to be long term damage. Anybody else have this happen to their baby? Any suggestions? Thanks

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
I would absolutely take her to the vet - regardless if she's limping at that time or not. By describing her symptoms, watching her walk, and feeling the tendons and muscles around the offending limb, the vet will likely be able to help you get to the bottom of Roxi's condition. Even if she does not have a limp, they might be able to tell by her gait if something may be wrong. Since bulldogs carry so much of their weight on their front legs, it's something you want to get checked out sooner rather than later to avoid the condition worsening or other orthopedic problems.

L

Lucy-licious

Aww poor baby, i agree with [MENTION=860]sheshistory[/MENTION] a trip to the vet would be a good idea, limping or not they will most likely find the cause xx

OP
RoxiBear

RoxiBear

Jan 12, 2011
Arkansas
Bulldog(s) Names
Roxi Bear
Well we just got back from the vet. Roxi has a stress fracture in her right humerus and pano in both front legs. She was given an anti- inflammatory shot and will take pain meds for about 10 days with lots and lots of rest for about 3 weeks. The doc said the stress fracture was small but he was glad we brought her in.

On a good note we got to see her joints and growth plates- all is perfect there so that is a definite relief. She is sleeping soundly now but the next few days are going to be difficult, trying to keep her from playing rough.

Thank you all for your kind words and comments. Roxi and I really appreciate them all.

Last edited:
L

Lucy-licious

:hug: for Roxi Bear...poor baby :hug:
And poor u trying to keep a frisky pup calm while she heals.

sheshistory

Jul 11, 2010
Vermont
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bentley, Linus, Truman
[MENTION=1704]RoxiBear[/MENTION] - thank you for the update! I am glad you received a diagnosis and treatment plan. Although your baby being in pain is never good news, I hope the stress fracture heals up and she outgrows the pano soon!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Awww poor baby! Hope she heals soon! Yeah good luck trying to keep her calm! It's tough when they are puppies. I know because Samson broke his leg when he was 6 months old and I had to keep him calm too, not an easy task!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thanks for the update. It's great news that you found out a diagnosis. G'luck in keeping her calm, I think that's the hardest part to do, even more than giving the pain meds. lol.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.