hneves

May 7, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Duke
I'm not sure what it is but my English bulldog is 6 months and had bald spots all over but now it's gone.

He had Demodex Mange but I believe it's gone. He has this rash that he keeps itching and has like these red spots around his mouth.

Any help? The vet said use anti bacterial wipes, that it.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    875.4 KB · Views: 124
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    1.5 MB · Views: 123

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
The spots around his mouth can be caused by bacteria from the food and water bowls. With some dogs it's enough to just rinse them out, but if they are sensitive, as bulldogs tend to be, it's important to wash them out real well with soap after every meal and also clean out the water bowl at least once a day. Using stainless steal or ceramic bowls instead of plastic can also make a difference. It can be those simple things... if you're doing that already I'm not sure what can cause it:unsure:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The chin is acne.... as Petra stated, clean bowls and wipe his chin after he drinks, need to keep it clean and dry.
The belly rash looks like it could just be irritation, use a cool wash cloth to wipe him at least twice a day.... you can also use witch hazel on a cotton pad to clean the belly and chin

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online