Please beaware of Toys with squeekers or rattles , they will no longer be in My home !

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
007.jpg This is our Bulldogs toy tennis ball made by Kong , the small ball you see to the left is the rattle part , it is missing one third of the ball still unknown where that is we think Odin chewed it enough into small pcs for it to have passed thru him , but the other part also swallowed did not and was in there for we think app 3 days until he passed it , we were very lucky and have a excellent Vet God Bless Her !
sick odin 061.jpgsick odin 063.jpgsick odin 060.jpgsick odin 065.jpg006.jpg

We spent a lot of time trying to figure out what was wrong with Odin we had no idea that he had ingested this small ( maybe 1 inch around ) rattle ,I new He was not himself , Odin is a Cane Corso app 100lb 2 yr old still very much a puppy well LARGE puppy , He is in Total love with our Bullies , and is still pining for Tilly that passed recently . Odin is the protector of our bullies very much so as we live in a rural area with a lot of wild life .
Scared hell out of Me this did so please be careful with toys with rattles and squeakers in them even if they are new like the one pictured above they can be deadly at the worst or very painful at the least !
One more pic of Odin back to being Odin

081.jpg

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
So glad that he passed that and is back to himself! He is a beautiful guy. We had a rubber kong ball that split open and it had what looked like little squares of a plastic bottle cut up inside, very sharp, about 1/4 of an inch. Why they would put something like that in any dog toy, I will never know!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He is gorgeous... Love Corsos, I volunteered for a Corso rescue for a dew years and just love the breed. So very happy Odin is better and back to his playful self.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Glad to hear it passed through.

We had an incident last year where Blue swallowed the squeaker from one of his Kong toys that was too big to pass.
Had to have an endoscopy to get it out. We were lucky it worked otherwise it would of been full blown surgery.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so glad Odin was able to pass it and he is okay. My guys are the same, they chew through anything. I can't give them anything soft or stuffed. They can't have stuffed toys, soft balls, tennis balls, blankets, towels, or pillows. They shred, chew and swallow these things. The only toys I give them are solid Kong toys, and even then I supervise and watch them when they play, and at least once a week I look at all their toys looking for missing pieces or broken parts and will throw them out. Dozer loves to swallow textiles, he loves socks the most, which he has swallowed 4 in the past, we've been very lucky that he's always passed them, 2 he pooped out, and 2 he vomited up. These guys are crazy Bully Goats. Lol

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
I had just lost Tilly a few days before this took place , when I noticed Odin not himself i had thought it was due to Tilly gone and they were very close , as Big as Odin is compared to Tilly they loved going everywhere together and played all the time . This truly scared the poop out of Me one I felt I let it go on to long without going to the vet , when I did go it was all emergency time at the vet ( as In there closed at the time Fr,Sat,Sun) Anne ( My Vet ) like Me did not know what was wrong , Odin was running a temp he was still passing poop runny but passing so we did not go in a "Blockage " direction . Anne was loading him up with all sorts of drugs thinking poison or a Major infection , the bonus to all this was his poop went from runny too Waterish and that is what caused it to come out , I saw this happen outside , Odin wanted out a lot at this time and i was not leaving him alone so was there . Took him almost a week to recover fully and become goofy Odin once again . I just thought I should post this as a Be-careful post for all .
My wonderful Vet Anne was as relieved as I was to tears well both of us were in tears , she truly loves her patients and gets right into trying to find cures , she also never charged Me one dime for all this she is pretty special .

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
He is gorgeous... Love Corsos, I volunteered for a Corso rescue for a dew years and just love the breed. So very happy Odin is better and back to his playful self.

LOL he was the runt of the litter , thinks he is a lap dog, saw the Bullies lying on Me on the couch in a reclined position and now he does it , I never have to worry about being cold in the winter with My bunch around lol . I can draw very similar line to Odin,s personality and our Bulldogs , very much attached to there owners want to be with us all the time ect ect , only problem with Odin is hes is huge and a lot stronger , but is Very loyal like bullies . I find Cane cor-so a very interesting breed due to that but NOT for first time pet owners without experience of controlling this breed !

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Thank you so much, thank God, he passed it and back to his gorgeous self!

Recently I saw a post about the big chew balls with only ONE hole, becoming
suctioned to the dog's tongue, he died ;( It was a Kong, no off brand. Must
have a 2nd hole so this doesn't happen, it will release from their tongues.

My love & prayers for all here & your beloved animals.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
LOL he was the runt of the litter , thinks he is a lap dog, saw the Bullies lying on Me on the couch in a reclined position and now he does it , I never have to worry about being cold in the winter with My bunch around lol . I can draw very similar line to Odin,s personality and our Bulldogs , very much attached to there owners want to be with us all the time ect ect , only problem with Odin is hes is huge and a lot stronger , but is Very loyal like bullies . I find Cane cor-so a very interesting breed due to that but NOT for first time pet owners without experience of controlling this breed !

Absolutely agree.. Not for a first time pet owner... Very loyal AND protective. Also very similar to bulldogs in the velcro division too... Both Nitschke and Banks bestie was a Corso named Basta ... They three of them were just boned upon meeting, he was tall enough fir Nitschke to run under him along with Basta running ... Picture Christmas Vacation when Clark gies under the truck when going for the tree! Basta is still around and weights in at about 110 as the runt

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
So Happy Odin is back to his normal self. What happened to Tilly?

Tilly just turned four and was not her normal self , heavy panting yet it was not summer as yet even tho I have good AC in the house , so I took her into the vet . long story short she had Cancer of the lymph nodes. Treated they gave her 8 weeks , untreated 4 weeks . Anne our vet used steroids to help get the Nodes un swollen as all her nodes were effected so as they swell they put preasure on her heart and mostly lungs . We also contacted a group doing research and experimental drugs for this in dogs , but found they would not deal with or ship too Canada . Tilly made it too 7 weeks and that was it I lost My Precious , I thought someone had cut My heart out and stepped on it she truly was My best bud and we all Miss her very very much. Tilly was very popular in town ( very small community is Barry,s Bay On Ca) she and Odin would always go into town with Me to p/u mail shop ect ect and was well know by all the store owners . Many of those store owners would offer to Bully sit her as I took My MoM shopping ( I am caregiver to My mom she is almost 80 and forgets a lot so I like to stay with her when she shops ) they loved having her in there stores think she was a good marketing tool lol . Many of those same owners were in tears when they found out she had passed as I said a small tight community here and not many bulldogs around here so she was very popular .

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
So sad about Tilly - I don't even like to think of the misery I will suffer when I lose my babies.
I'm glad your big boy is back to his usual self. He looked so pitiful in some of those pics!
It is scary that they ARE like billy goats - capable of eating anything!

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
So sad about Tilly - I don't even like to think of the misery I will suffer when I lose my babies.
I'm glad your big boy is back to his usual self. He looked so pitiful in some of those pics!
It is scary that they ARE like billy goats - capable of eating anything!

Ginger I am still missing her so very much it truly amazes Me how I feel for a grown closer to 60 yrs old man . I have had many many dogs and other pets in my life and of course were only here a short time i get that , but this one took the wind right out of my sails . I am still trying to find answers to be honest .
Thanks Nat

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Ginger I am still missing her so very much it truly amazes Me how I feel for a grown closer to 60 yrs old man . I have had many many dogs and other pets in my life and of course were only here a short time i get that , but this one took the wind right out of my sails . I am still trying to find answers to be honest .
Thanks Nat

The bond with our Bulldogs is incredible. I lost a Bully puppy to pneumonia, and he was only 4 months old. It was such a heartache, and I hadn't even bonded with him the way I have Sophie and Tucker now. I suppose just the fact that they are really like children who count on us and love us unconditionally and bring us so much joy, losing them leaves a void that cannot be filled. Like they say, though, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

OP
natski282

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
The bond with our Bulldogs is incredible. I lost a Bully puppy to pneumonia, and he was only 4 months old. It was such a heartache, and I hadn't even bonded with him the way I have Sophie and Tucker now. I suppose just the fact that they are really like children who count on us and love us unconditionally and bring us so much joy, losing them leaves a void that cannot be filled. Like they say, though, it's better to have loved and lost than to have never loved at all.

So True ginger , well I got back in the saddle think the Prettyone was sick of Me mopping around dunno she also knew I would get another Bully , A good friend of mine and also a vet said to Me years ago knowing Me as he did that I should go out there and find another to love , Normally he tells his clients to wait 6 months to a year . I am starting to get pretty excited about picking her up next weekend and starting another relationship with the our breed again .

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.