Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
I think Mr. Chubbs has fall allergies. He is almost two, so not sure as he has only lived through one fall so far and he isn't old enough to be allergy tested (nor do I wish to pay for allergy testing if I can avoid it). He was having skin issues on his face last fall too. But his face has been looking great (no tear stains) for several months and this week he has had some pink staining on the skin under his eyes, pink around his eyes, etc. Doesn't appear to be itchy.

He also just spent the weekend at Grandma's and she has two dogs, he may have gotten into their food at some point over the weekend (he eats Blue Buffalo Life Protection Lamb and Rice and this has worked well for several months).

Any recommendations for home treatment? Would like to avoid allergy shots and steroids if possible.

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
My boys and and I are experiencing allergies too, which started a couple of weeks ago. I don't give anything to them unless they're itchy. If so, one benadryl tablet does the trick. The allergens in the air should disappear within a week or two, at least that's what usually happens.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yes, I believe its that time, bc Tyson is also experiencing red folds, and in between his little paws. I just give him one benadryl and it calms down everything :)
Personally, allergy testing to me is a waste UNLESS the dog is severely reacting to multiple things, (ie you've tried numerous foods, etc and nothing works) then I would test. But they will most like always have environmental.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep... This was the worst time for Banks -- eyes water constantly, red paws and ears would be dirty all the time. Benedryl 1 mg per pound up to 3x a day

OP
Mcleanb7

Mcleanb7

Dec 1, 2014
SC
Country
Usa
Bulldog(s) Names
Mr. Chubbs
Yeah, I think I will try some Benadryl. His poor face looks terrible :( at least he doesn't seem to be bothered by it.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.