Update on bugzys health!

NICASFINEST

Dec 9, 2010
California
Bulldog(s) Names
BUGZY
About two weeks ago i posted a thread because i was concerned for Bugzys health. I had taken him to petco to get a basic bath and it went downhill from there. The following morning he woke up with green discharge, crying, and sleeping all day, no eating or drinking water he was like this for 3 days he couldnt walk up or down the stairs, couldnt lay on his side, he cried from the discomfort,i couldnt take it anymore to see him miserable. I took him to the vet they did 2 xrays on him and eye test to make sure no lacerations or simply shampoo irritated his eyes. He lost 6 pounds in 3 days. I got the results back from his xray thank God he didnt break or dislocate anything! But when at Petco the way they had him tied up caused him to sprain his neck, it swelled up, to the point it hurt him to even move it, i had also noticed his bark and cry was not the same, its like they yanked his leash so hard that it also messed up his doggy vocal chords!! i was so upset!!!! i felt horrible for taking him there in the first place, it was his first and last time....He has been on pain, and anti inflamatory meds and is reacting well to it, am sure he has gained his weight back by now,but he still acts very cautious about running or jumping! cant wait till his back to his normal self!!! annoying and all i miss it!!!:luv::hug:

KMARINO

I couldn't make this sh*t up if I tried!
Jul 21, 2010
Bradenton Fl.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
VEGAS and REBEL
So you are saying that when Petco groomed him they choked him while doing so and sprained his neck? Am I understanding this correctly? Poor Bugzy!!! is there anyway you can prove this? I would be throwing one huge fit and demanding my vet bill's paid for plus pain and suffering. But most of all Poor Bugzy!!!!

TessaAndSamson

May 7, 2010
Southern California
Bulldog(s) Names
Samson
Oh my goodness that is awful! Well I am happy to hear you got it figured out and he is on the mend. BUT did you talk to this Petco, they should be paying for your vet bills, well I think they should!

izstigspunks

Sep 16, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
The Stig Racecar Driver and (Sweet Angel) Punkin Brutus
Thank goodness you found out. Pls give hugs and kisses to that sweet boy of yours for us! :hug:
Now go call Petco speak to a manager and complain. Yes, they should reimburse you for everything, including the bath! :angry:

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
OMG that is too ****** unbelieveable!!! (Insert bad curse word of your choice!)

I am soooo angry about that! I am sooo sooo sooo very sorry. Look at all you and Bugzy had to go through after getting a grooming! Poor sweet bully baby. I sure hope you take it up with the manager of Petco! :angry:

kazzy220

Jul 31, 2010
Grafton, OHIO
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
That is so disgusting ... I am speechless!! What kind of place would half-strangle a dog whilst grooming him!!! I would take it up with the manager straight away, and if the manager wouldn't help me then I would insist on having the name of the regional manager, the divisional manager, and just for the hell of it the CEO of Petco!!

Bella'sMom

Community Veteran
Jun 23, 2010
Eau Claire WI
Bulldog(s) Names
Abby 13 (RIP), Bella (6), Betsy( RIP), Frenchie: Oliver
This is so sad, but YES talk to a manager! Make them do something. That is so disgusting.

Alice Kable

Community Veteran
Dec 17, 2010
Joseph, Oregon, United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruggles and Buster
Whoever did the shampoo should be relieved of their job. They mishandled Bugzy, they are doing the same with other dogs. I wonder if they had a camera going in the grooming area? You need to talk to PETCO. Good luck. Poor Bugzy is going to hate being bathed!

Lacey28

Community Veteran
Sep 17, 2010
Windsor Ontario Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Silva and Stella
Wow! I am in total shock! I would have to be escourted out of the petstore because I would have broken the persons neck who did that! :angry: I feel so bad for Bugzy that is so sad! I hope he gets better very soon!

choppmoney

Feb 15, 2011
Algonac, MI
Bulldog(s) Names
pelee's union "jack" daniels
I would swear that they have cameras in all the areas they handle a dog. I'd ask for the tapes or recordings of those cameras, if there are any, I know there's some all over common pet area's in petsmart, just was there for the first time, but don't know about petco.

L

Lucy-licious

That is unbelievable, unforgivable and totaly uncalled for :angry:
I hope Bugzy continues to make a full recovery and that he is not mentally traumatised by the whole experience :hug:
Lots of love hugs and special attention for your little man...i hope you are going to take this further.

Momma2Bullet

Jan 15, 2011
NE Indiana
Bulldog(s) Names
Bullet {booboo}
this hurts my heart. i feel for Bugzy. :( you must inform Petco about this...i'm sure the same is happening to someone elses furbaby. i'm wondering if they have video footage also. not right AT ALL. :mad:

*see...i know my instincts are right on, i have not been back to petsmart (had an appt. to have Bullet groomed a few weeks ago for the first time (since getting him) and freaked when they said i would need to leave him for 4 hrs!!! i thought i was going to browse the store and watch through the big glass wall while he was groomed right then). i just can't imagine the possibility of him being tramatized for 4 hrs. :*(

Krisandtob

Jan 26, 2011
Virginia
Bulldog(s) Names
Phatty
Oh my goodness - that made me sick to my stomach - I just want to cry. I am sooo sorry that happened. Big (gentle) hugs for Bugzy for me. And for Petco employee/manager? I'd probably be getting arrested.

Keep us posted.

terriers10

Feb 6, 2011
Friendship, Maryland
Bulldog(s) Names
Hooch
Hi my name is Cindy and I'm new to this forum. I'm a dog groomer and want to say I'm sorry for what happened to your dog. Some dog's will struggle when on the grooming table and I have even heard that dog's have fallen off the table while still in the noose. That can cause serious injury. When I groom a dog and they struggle on the table I will groom them on the floor. I have been grooming my bulldog "Hooch" since he was 8 weeks old so he is very comfortable with the grooming table and high power dryer. I don't know when you started the grooming process with your dog but my experience is the younger they are the easier it is for the dog and groomer. In other word's it's easier for them to acclimate at an early age. I put Hooch in the shower with me and he love's it. I hope your guy is ok and I would speak to the petco manager.

lexterwayne

Community Veteran
Aug 13, 2010
texas
Bulldog(s) Names
lex 19 months
@niccasfinest im so sorry yall had to go through this im so glad he is feeling like his self again!!! also please please call and talk to the manager and tell them what happened and what will they do to fix this?? we used to take lex to petsmart to get his toes done, well not anymore i wont let them touch my dogs anymore :angry:... the last time we went the lady grinding his toes and when he went to pull his foot back she held on to it and his whole leg did a 360, we watched the whole thing it took jeff everything to keep me from goin into the grooming part and slapping that girl. after they finished and on our way out he was limping, well we were hoping he just stretched something. as the day went on it got worse we called petsmart and they said that they will cover the cost of the medical bills in which they caused. so i would call and raise he** about it!!!!

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.