Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Update on bugzys health!

Bulldog(s) Names
    Phatty
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Update on bugzys health!

Oh my goodness - that made me sick to my stomach - I just want to cry. I am sooo sorry that happened. Big (gentle) hugs for Bugzy for me. And for Petco employee/manager? I'd probably be getting arrested.

Keep us posted.

Bulldog(s) Names
    Hooch
    Likes (Received)

Hi my name is Cindy and I'm new to this forum. I'm a dog groomer and want to say I'm sorry for what happened to your dog. Some dog's will struggle when on the grooming table and I have even heard that dog's have fallen off the table while still in the noose. That can cause serious injury. When I groom a dog and they struggle on the table I will groom them on the floor. I have been grooming my bulldog "Hooch" since he was 8 weeks old so he is very comfortable with the grooming table and high power dryer. I don't know when you started the grooming process with your dog but my experience is the younger they are the easier it is for the dog and groomer. In other word's it's easier for them to acclimate at an early age. I put Hooch in the shower with me and he love's it. I hope your guy is ok and I would speak to the petco manager.

Dog Show Judge Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    lex 19 months
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

@niccasfinest im so sorry yall had to go through this im so glad he is feeling like his self again!!! also please please call and talk to the manager and tell them what happened and what will they do to fix this?? we used to take lex to petsmart to get his toes done, well not anymore i wont let them touch my dogs anymore ... the last time we went the lady grinding his toes and when he went to pull his foot back she held on to it and his whole leg did a 360, we watched the whole thing it took jeff everything to keep me from goin into the grooming part and slapping that girl. after they finished and on our way out he was limping, well we were hoping he just stretched something. as the day went on it got worse we called petsmart and they said that they will cover the cost of the medical bills in which they caused. so i would call and raise he** about it!!!!
    Until one has loved an animal, part of their soul remains unawakened.

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Ruggles and Buster
    Likes (Received)

Cindy (terriers 10), thank you for your post explaining how dogs are professionally groomed. I can understand how a dog could be accidentally injured if it decided to bail while the noose was around its neck.

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

@NICASFINEST Just wondering how Bugzy is doing???

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

@kazzy220 thank u so much for asking he finally is back to his nomral jolly, bratty self, but i did notice that ever since his experience with petco grooming he is very uneasy around strangers, he now barks at everyone who walks in front of our house even kids which he would never do, so i did notice that he is becoming aggressive towards people...so we working with him on that...thanks for asking i love ur black n white picture!

Real Name
    Karen
    Country
    England
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maggie (My Angel Baby 5/31/2012). Daddy (2 years). Linus (1year). Bella (4 years)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by NICASFINEST View Post
    @kazzy220 thank u so much for asking he finally is back to his nomral jolly, bratty self, but i did notice that ever since his experience with petco grooming he is very uneasy around strangers, he now barks at everyone who walks in front of our house even kids which he would never do, so i did notice that he is becoming aggressive towards people...so we working with him on that...thanks for asking i love ur black n white picture!
    Aawww... it may take a while for him to get his confidence back .. that is just too awful!!

Bulldog(s) Names
    BUGZY
    Likes (Received)

Hi guys, so i did complain and took it up the chain of command for petco all i got back was an email that they would address the problem...i was highly irritated and angry and surprised that i didnt go back to petco,jump over the counter and kick their @*&@&$^ !!!! there loop hole for getting out of it was that i signed a liability of release if anything was to happen during the grooming!!!!! So in other words i was f@*!#D. So just be careful when you take your dog to groomers because they may be new, unexperienced, having a bad day and take it out on ur baby...n it sucks because i was talking to my friends who also have dogs but not bullys and it also happened to one of theirs!!!!
    Also that day i tried sticking around but they dont have the glass windows like ive noticed at petsmarts- this petco on la brea for those of you who live in los angeles dont go there, they have the black glass from the outside and inside its walls so u cant c the actual grooming just were they check them in and wait....
    @KMARINO yup thats what am saying and it was based on his swelling, and xrays that the Dr concluded it had to be the way they leashed him up and yanked their leash while bathing him, and on a side note i never leash him up by his neck he has the body harness instead...even the nurse told me its not the first time they see dogs come in with injurys from groomers and she did mention petco as one of them!
    am glad that now his bark is back to normal!!!
    @Alice Kable that is exactly what i wanted but i kept getting excuses and run arounds even after i had made calls, emails, you name it!!!
    @lexterwayne the good thing is that u were there so there was no way of them denying that they did it!!! am glad u were there to c it if not u would of gotten the same bulls*** as me!!!
    @terrier10- it sounds like u would be a gentle groomer but not everyone has common sense or is caring and gentle with dogs unfortunately Bugzy had to experience it!!!

BUGZY BARKED THANX FOR THE HUGS AND KISSES AM DOING SO MUCH BETTER

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads