Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: HELP!! I need advice/opinions on when to spay!

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: HELP!! I need advice/opinions on when to spay!

Great !!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

2. Likes Corine Pesantes liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Corine Pesantes View Post
    Thank you! They are a mess! They puppy play 99%of the time! When they take it too far I have to alternate who goes in the x-pen to give them a few minutes from one another. Lol - my biggest obstacle right now is potty training. Lockjaw was about 90% trained when we brought Penny home- now he seems to be regressing a little bit. He pooped in the x-pen today and he hasn't pooped in the house since the day we brought him home (2 months ago). Penny was kept in a raised kennel, so we had to start from scratch with her. Crate training has been exhausting. She does well in there- but she poops- almost everyday. I even waking up in the middle of the night to take her out. Another thing is that it takes her FOREVER to poop after they eat. She's on the same food from the breeder, and she was fed about the same time I feed them. But she's just not pooping as fast/ often as Lockjaw. She is a VERY sweet, docile little girl though - except with her brother, she doesn't take any of his crap. LMBO!
    I understand what you're going thru with Penny. My first 3 bullies were a dream to potty train. None of them ever had more than two accidents in the house EVER, which led me to believe that Bulldogs were the easiest dogs in the world to house train. Silly me! Then came Winnie. She never pooped after eating at all, and she pooped about 5 times a day! She wasn't completely house trained until she was 8 months. She does fine now unless we have a bunch of people over. I guess she's having so much fun entertaining everyone that she doesn't want to go outside to pee, and she will pee on the floor. I also quit feeding her 3 times a day as soon as the vet said it was okay to cut down on the amount of times she pooped.

What would be helpful for you to do is to keep a record of the times of day that she poops. If she poops in the crate, just jot down the time. You should see a pattern after a few days--hopefully! Then start taking her out at those times and start watching her closely before those times for any signs that she's fixing to go. Hang in there--she'll get it!

4. Likes Manydogs, Corine Pesantes liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Donnam View Post
    I understand what you're going thru with Penny. My first 3 bullies were a dream to potty train. None of them ever had more than two accidents in the house EVER, which led me to believe that Bulldogs were the easiest dogs in the world to house train. Silly me! Then came Winnie. She never pooped after eating at all, and she pooped about 5 times a day! She wasn't completely house trained until she was 8 months. She does fine now unless we have a bunch of people over. I guess she's having so much fun entertaining everyone that she doesn't want to go outside to pee, and she will pee on the floor. I also quit feeding her 3 times a day as soon as the vet said it was okay to cut down on the amount of times she pooped.

What would be helpful for you to do is to keep a record of the times of day that she poops. If she poops in the crate, just jot down the time. You should see a pattern after a few days--hopefully! Then start taking her out at those times and start watching her closely before those times for any signs that she's fixing to go. Hang in there--she'll get it!
    The hardest thing right now is that my husband and I both work and my girls are in school. I got off of work early yesterday and was home by 3 (instead of the usual 5) and her kennel was poop free - ����! When we got Lockjaw I planned that out much better. Lol It was summer so my girls were home with him for a month. With Penny it was kind of a last minute decision to get her. We have a long weekend this weekend though, so we'll have 3 good days to try to get her is a good direction. I talked to one of the dog trainers at PetSmart yesterday about it and she said to add in a high value treat that she will only get when going potty outside. So, I started that. She still isn't going to the door like Lockjaw, but we also take them out every 30/45 minutes anyway. Lockjaw goes ALL THE TIME- but it seems Penny could go longer between outside breaks. She hasn't had an accident today (and actually DID poop after she ate this morning-lol). With time and patience I'm confident she will get it though. I wondering if I should start putting her into the x-pen and Lockjaw in the kennel since she thinks it's OK to go in her kennel. But i don't want to confuse her at the same time.
    I really love this forum! I've learned so much just from reading other forum topics, posts and replys!! Thank you for your reply! It makes me feel better to know that it's not just me that has some of these issues. Lol and that there is a light at the end of the tunnel. At the end of the day I love these 2 monsters!! They melt my heart!
    -image-jpg
    -image-jpg
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads