Prolapsed urethra costs

kenc87

Apr 27, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Hercules
Well it appears that Hercules has developed a prolapsed urethra, for any of you who have had to deal with this experience, what sort of costs should I be prepared for? Also and more importantly is this a situation that could become fatal? Please give me some insight ASAP as this has just happened in the last few hours. Thanks

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Finn experienced prolapsed urethra when he was around 10 months old. He wasn't neutered yet so the vet recommended that he get neutered as this may lessen future PU incidents. The vet wasn't recommending surgery bc she said the surgeries were not always successful d/t the high amount of blood vessels in the area. She manually pushed the urethra back in at the time, Finn got neutered, and he was fine for a little over a year. Again the PU occurred and his new vet pushed it back into place and so far he hasn't had further problems with it and it's bn okay for 2 yrs now.

has your vet performed this surgery before and did they tell you of the success rate? My 2nd vet wasn't familiar with PU surgery so if she wasn't able to push it back in the way she did, we would have to see someone else who could do the surgery. I know there are a couple members here who have had the PU surgery on their bullies.

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
Harvey's penis was bleeding at one time whenever he got excited. Apparently, while humping on his toys, he rubbed his private against a rough surface and started bleeding. Everytime, he gets excited and he expands, he bleeds. The vet suggested neutering him to calm him down. It works. He did not elevate to a prolapse urethra.

When I spoke with Dr. Kraemer, he was thinking that as an alternative to surgery that he will do a "pexy" which is maneuvering the skin or something which is less intrusive. We did not get into the cost as his condition did not elevate to a prolapse. Good Luck to you.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.