Is this yeast?

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
I'm not sure if this is yeast. I've been soaking his paws in the pickled paw mixture...he won't let it soak for 10 mins, so I just keep switching from paw to paw until he's had enough.
4a9680b3e61191a5a608b5285aed7ba6.jpg
6bdecd39cac51e58c4774eea70f29e32.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Yes it's yeast or bacteria. If the pickled paws doesn't help you may need something stronger like chlorihexidine, malecetic otic ultra or panalog ointment

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yes it's yeast or bacteria. If the pickled paws doesn't help you may need something stronger like chlorihexidine, malecetic otic ultra or panalog ointment

agreed.... I keep chlorihexidine in a spray bottle for issues like this... when they do not want to soak the paw, I just spray

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
Perfect! I'll try that. Thank you!!

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus

I have hibicleanse, but how often should I be using it on him? Those poor paws are so swollen, I might just have to go to a vet.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
I have been told that yeast lives mainly in the colon and flares up in paws, ears, eyes etc, but just treating in this case paws will not get rid of the yeast. You have to treat the colon and get rid of the yeast from there. Both of my boys had their poos tested and they were full of yeast. Yet they showed no signs of it before Usko's lungs and eyes started reacting. So now they're getting a product called Candida Forte to kill the yeast, probiotics and sauerkraut on top. It's a two month regimen and we're half way done.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
I have been told that yeast lives mainly in the colon and flares up in paws, ears, eyes etc, but just treating in this case paws will not get rid of the yeast. You have to treat the colon and get rid of the yeast from there. Both of my boys had their poos tested and they were full of yeast. Yet they showed no signs of it before Usko's lungs and eyes started reacting. So now they're getting a product called Candida Forte to kill the yeast, probiotics and sauerkraut on top. It's a two month regimen and we're half way done.

What does the sauerkraut do?

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
sauerkraut is packed with natural living probiotics (the fresh kind, not the canned), it has fiber and vitamins, especially C.

OP
Shahster

Shahster

Apr 13, 2013
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Otis & Cyrus
sauerkraut is packed with natural living probiotics (the fresh kind, not the canned), it has fiber and vitamins, especially C.

Hmm, good to know.

How many of each pill do you give?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

Most Reactions

Staff online

Members online