Help Needed! Trying to identify this skin problem...

jlaintn

Aug 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack & Maggie
Just noticed this spot on Mack's backside on Sunday. Treated it with alcohol and triple antibiotic. It's still there but not as red. Then tonight I saw the same spots on top of his head. I haven't found anything online that looks like it. Taking him to the vet Saturday but wanted to see if anyone had any information or have seen it before. The spots looks like a cluster of skin tags or scales. They don't itch and he doesn't seem to be bothered by it. 0827152205.jpg0827152205a.jpg0827152206.jpg

Petra

Jan 8, 2013
Naboomspruit, South Africa.
Country
Sweden
Bulldog(s) Names
Boeboe, Bennie Boy and Joey
I'm sorry I have no clue what that can be:unsure: Just wanted to say WeLcOmE to EBN to You, Mack and Maggie:) I'm sure others will come along soon and hopefully have an answer for you. Please let us know what the vet says.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
hi... and :welcome3: to EBN how old is Mack? and, is the hair loose?

Kimmieq

Feb 6, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Fletcher
Update please that looks odd

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

nubonics

Sep 24, 2013
Colorado
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Curly
It might be a flea/other bug allergy. Curly gets something similar to that if I forget to use his flea meds. Fish oil pills have helped

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
J

jlaintn

Aug 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack & Maggie
Mack went to the vet yesterday but they couldn't identify it?! She did say it may be allergies and gave us a topical treatment with antibiotic called Tresaderm. After one treatment, the redness has gone away but the "clusters" are still there.

OP
J

jlaintn

Aug 27, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Mack & Maggie
He is 3 years old and the hair loss has only been on the tail. The spot on his head hasn't had any hair loss.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Mack went to the vet yesterday but they couldn't identify it?! She did say it may be allergies and gave us a topical treatment with antibiotic called Tresaderm. After one treatment, the redness has gone away but the "clusters" are still there.

Tresaderm is a great tool to keep on hand... helps with many aliments. but, I am concerned the vet could not identify the issue. Please keep us posted

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.