Help Needed! strange stools

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
So, Bertha (of course Bertha, who else lol. Arnold never gives me grief), has had a change in her BM's over the last 3 months or so. She seems to struggle having a BM, actually looking like she is twerking when trying to go. Then she leaves these little nuggets in the house, which is very strange since she has a very house trained dog. Usually the nuggets are normal stool colored and soft. But sometimes, her stools are darker brown with white throughout, and very dry looking. Any ultrasounds she has had she has lots of stool in her but again her stools are usually soft. Any ideas or suggestions? Probiotics? stool softeners?

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I would definitely give probiotics a try. We do these, and have had great success with them. They are Amazon or at any local natural pet store usually. These specifically have digestive enzymes in them, maybe that would help her.
Microflora.jpg

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Poor girl, pumpkin could probably help her out too.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
She is leaving you 'milk duds'.... so cute :giggle:

agree, try the pumpkin or Flora (probiotics)

OP
agingermom

agingermom

ink-a-licious redhead bully mama
Aug 31, 2011
Washington State
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Arnold Schwarzenegger and Miss Bertha Bacon and Petey Herman (Frenchie)
She is leaving you 'milk duds'.... so cute :giggle:

agree, try the pumpkin or Flora (probiotics)
Not cute at all, lol. Luckily I haven't stepped in them. Bertha is just full of :poo:

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Not cute at all, lol. Luckily I haven't stepped in them. Bertha is just full of :poo:

Try finding them in bed when you eske up in the morning! :stinkeye: Banks did it a few times

Most Reactions