Help Needed! 8 Week Old has Diarrhea

tika89

Aug 25, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi Everybody! My English Bulldog, Bella we jus got a few days ago .. She is 8 weeks! When we first brought her home she was going poop solid .. We were feeding her Blue Wilderness and Goat Milk (she was having tht before we got her) .. Also mixing some soft food with the dry food .. She was eating no problem .. Then she was starting out of no where with running stools .. We stopped the milk and soft food .. Jus giving her dry food .. She is still running like diarrhea stools .. What u think it can be? What can I do?! Is it normal!? She is still active and wanting to eat .. Jus her stools are not good! Please any advice and help, I'd appreciate it!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sometimes puppies get diarrhea from being stressed out from new surroundings. If you haven't taken her to her first vet appointment I would definitely get that set up. If you've already stopped the soft food you should keep an eye on her and see how she reacts, if it gets worst I would get her into the vet. Welcome to EBN!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
I agree, puppies often get diarrhea when they go to a new home because it's stressful for them. The first thing you should do with a new puppy is take her to the vet for a thorough examination. The vet will determine if Bella has any parasites which are very common in puppies and also cause diarrhea. They are easily treated with medicine. I started giving my puppy probiotics on her morning meal. You can also give her a little canned pumpkin to help firm up her stools (plain pumpkin, not pie filling). Congratulations on your new baby and welcome to EBN. Post some pictures!

OP
T

tika89

Aug 25, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Sometimes puppies get diarrhea from being stressed out from new surroundings. If you haven't taken her to her first vet appointment I would definitely get that set up. If you've already stopped the soft food you should keep an eye on her and see how she reacts, if it gets worst I would get her into the vet. Welcome to EBN!

Yeah I read bout tht with the environment .. & ok I called to set a appointment for vet .. I want to get her check jus to make sure so it doesn't get worse .. Thank you so much & for welcoming me! 😊

OP
T

tika89

Aug 25, 2015
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thank you I jus called the vet .. I am going to be taking her in jus to get checked but they told me to give her plain white rice with her food to see if it hardens her stools a lil & later today hopefully I can get her in .. I want to still get her check .. Thank you for your help .. I really appreciate it! & thank I jus read other ppl too use the plain pumpkin .. I'll definitely try tht if I need to .. Thanks for welcoming me .. I really love my lil baby already!

Enjoimangos

Jan 30, 2015
Minneapolis, MN
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Boris Bullski, Paco
Thank you I jus called the vet .. I am going to be taking her in jus to get checked but they told me to give her plain white rice with her food to see if it hardens her stools a lil & later today hopefully I can get her in .. I want to still get her check .. Thank you for your help .. I really appreciate it! & thank I jus read other ppl too use the plain pumpkin .. I'll definitely try tht if I need to .. Thanks for welcoming me .. I really love my lil baby already!

I highly recommend the pumpkin over the rice as my EBD had a really bad reaction to rice when I put it in his food after our Vet recommended it. Them damn grains!

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Make sure she is not being overfed too.

We just had a bout of diarrhea with a puppy and it lasted for a week, for no reason. I tried everything in the book- heck I wrote the article all about puppy poop! I did give just half portions for meals and also gave some kaopectate, but it did take a whole week to resolve.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.