Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
I am struggling with this very issue right now for Sally. How bad are her cavities? Sally has quite a bit of teeth missing already (they were pulled at the shelter she was dumped in, or even possiby during her over breeding years) but there's one tooth that has gotton infected now twice. She finished a round of antibiotics and she's good now but I was told that if the it gets infected again and I don't get it pulled it could "kill her." I'm at a loss of what to do, as you, I too am very concerned that she would not pull through a surgery. She's anywhere from 9.5-11 (we're really not sure of her age). Right now I'm sitting tight with her keeping my fingers crossed, but I doubt I will have it pulled.

Oh, Jeannie, this sucks! Will keep prayers going over Sally's
teeth staying healthy & no surgery needed, BIG hugs for you!

JeannieCO

Queenie
Mar 11, 2011
Tip of the Mitt, Michigan
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Emma, Charlie, Milo, Peekaboo and Jack
Oh, Jeannie, this sucks! Will keep prayers going over Sally's
teeth staying healthy & no surgery needed, BIG hugs for you!
Thanks Carol. Sally zones out quite a bit and you have to snap at her to get her attention at times and I'm sure it's from all her years of breeding. If it was my other Hooligans I wouldn't hesitate to have one of their teeth pulled but Sally, well it's just my instinct that I have to trust that I'm doing the right thing.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Prayers for Sally that infection stays away, and she will not have to deal with any pain.

OP
Roseann

Roseann

Jan 24, 2014
Kansas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
Honestly I don't know how many of Macons teeth are infected. At minimum 2 will need to come out. I know there's more though. Her gums were so infected and inflamed that it was impossible to tell. Since 2 weeks of antibiotics her gums are looking much better. She has several teeth that are half ate up with cavities and gone. Since she's been on the antibiotics she is a new dog. She plays a little and I've actually seen her running every day. I have no doubt it is the infection making her sick. I am, so far, planning on having her bad ones removed. I see the vet next week to discuss it. It's a terrifying thing but I truly believe she will die from the severity of the infection if I don't fix them.

Members online

No members online now.