Real Name
    Ginger
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tucker & Sophie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Teeth surgery For the elderly

Not knowing the situation with Macon's teeth, I will just say that which ever option is in the best interest of his health. If his teeth are bad enough to cause him health problems and pain, that may be the deciding factor. However, if they are not causing him trouble, I would prolong the decision as long as you can.

Mom of Tucker AND Sophie

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

We go back to the vet on Friday, I'll talk with him and see what he suggests. I'm not looking forward to even having a conversation about it. Thank you all you your thoughts on my baby. She is feeling a little better the last couple days. I'm thankful for that.

3. Likes savemejeebus, 2BullyMama liked this post
    Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

I am struggling with this very issue right now for Sally. How bad are her cavities? Sally has quite a bit of teeth missing already (they were pulled at the shelter she was dumped in, or even possiby during her over breeding years) but there's one tooth that has gotton infected now twice. She finished a round of antibiotics and she's good now but I was told that if the it gets infected again and I don't get it pulled it could "kill her." I'm at a loss of what to do, as you, I too am very concerned that she would not pull through a surgery. She's anywhere from 9.5-11 (we're really not sure of her age). Right now I'm sitting tight with her keeping my fingers crossed, but I doubt I will have it pulled.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by JeannieCO View Post
    I am struggling with this very issue right now for Sally. How bad are her cavities? Sally has quite a bit of teeth missing already (they were pulled at the shelter she was dumped in, or even possiby during her over breeding years) but there's one tooth that has gotton infected now twice. She finished a round of antibiotics and she's good now but I was told that if the it gets infected again and I don't get it pulled it could "kill her." I'm at a loss of what to do, as you, I too am very concerned that she would not pull through a surgery. She's anywhere from 9.5-11 (we're really not sure of her age). Right now I'm sitting tight with her keeping my fingers crossed, but I doubt I will have it pulled.

Oh, Jeannie, this sucks! Will keep prayers going over Sally's
    teeth staying healthy & no surgery needed, BIG hugs for you!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Queenie I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Emma, Max, Wilson & Jack (Sally RIP 3/14/16)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by Texas Carol View Post
    Oh, Jeannie, this sucks! Will keep prayers going over Sally's
    teeth staying healthy & no surgery needed, BIG hugs for you!
    Thanks Carol. Sally zones out quite a bit and you have to snap at her to get her attention at times and I'm sure it's from all her years of breeding. If it was my other Hooligans I wouldn't hesitate to have one of their teeth pulled but Sally, well it's just my instinct that I have to trust that I'm doing the right thing.
    Three Hooligans and 1 Angel - Wilson, Sally, Emma & Jack

8. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

Prayers for Sally that infection stays away, and she will not have to deal with any pain.
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Henry, Clyde-EB/basset hound and Macon
    Likes (Received)

Honestly I don't know how many of Macons teeth are infected. At minimum 2 will need to come out. I know there's more though. Her gums were so infected and inflamed that it was impossible to tell. Since 2 weeks of antibiotics her gums are looking much better. She has several teeth that are half ate up with cavities and gone. Since she's been on the antibiotics she is a new dog. She plays a little and I've actually seen her running every day. I have no doubt it is the infection making her sick. I am, so far, planning on having her bad ones removed. I see the vet next week to discuss it. It's a terrifying thing but I truly believe she will die from the severity of the infection if I don't fix them.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads