*Really* red and irritated in face fold...

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
He's looking much better!! Still a little red- but not as bright as yesterday. Kind of reminds me of a diaper rash on a baby. Lol

7a7feb7b36d577b69390fc54acb6d486.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
He's looking much better!! Still a little red- but not as bright as yesterday. Kind of reminds me of a diaper rash on a baby. Lol

7a7feb7b36d577b69390fc54acb6d486.jpg

I've had my share of those too:sarcastic:
Glad it's looking better, keep up the destine it should be much better tomorrow and by the start of next week healed!! In the mean time keep the vaseline on there!! and check every few hours to make sure the tears aren't sticking to the skin. Once the skin is healed the tiny furs should start growing back and you can maintain your daily routine. Use caution in the future w/certain, more abrasive cleansers…i.e. peroxide. Witch Hazel, unscented baby wipes, certain oils ect…are usually fine for a regular routine.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Thanks [MENTION=10681]Laurie[/MENTION]! Maybe I was using to much witch hazel? I don't know. [emoji53] Atleast its clearing up!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
I know this is an older thread- but Lockjaw just popped up with something similar today. I haven't changed anything. I wipe his face after both feedings; once with warm paper towel then go over it with witch hazel. Tonight I noticed the skin under his left eye was really red. I wiped it with warm water, then rubbed coconut oil on it. Should I try desitin or A&D instead? My poor baby. I feel so bad.

View attachment 94685

that almost looks like a hotspot.... how is he doing today?

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION], Omg- it's pretty much completely gone now. I've kept it dry with desitin- worked wonders! I'm still just confused on how it popped up. I keep his face clean (wipe 2x's a day). Only thing I could think is I may have used too much witch hazel when wiping his face? I'm just relieved it's gotten so much better.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
@2BullyMama, Omg- it's pretty much completely gone now. I've kept it dry with desitin- worked wonders! I'm still just confused on how it popped up. I keep his face clean (wipe 2x's a day). Only thing I could think is I may have used too much witch hazel when wiping his face? I'm just relieved it's gotten so much better.

It happens. Nothing you did wrong :) Tyson gets his bad days too. I haven't had to use Destin on him in over a month then yesterday he was outside alot with Daddy smoking meats, etc. He came in and his folds were all red, Destin had to come out :) Glad he's so much better!

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
Thanks @Laurie! Maybe I was using to much witch hazel? I don't know. [emoji53] Atleast its clearing up!

I've done this too. I felt awful the first time I noticed his bad reaction to peroxide, his skin got so sore. REally, it could be anything though…even the brand of wipes/towels/tissues…just sensitive skin. Baby wash cloths work well during yeast outbreaks, they have a textured surface, but they're extra gentle, gets the job done better than wipes sometimes.
When you stop the Desitin, still keep up w/the vaseline until the hair grows back.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Thank you everyone for all of the advice! All the redness is gone now- most of the hair is still here too. Just when you think you've got your babies all figured out, they throw u a curve ball. Lol

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.