*Really* red and irritated in face fold...

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I know you're not asking me.... BUT .... yep. LOL :) --- and paws, and belly.

Oh, interesting. OK, I got into a panic with that tail pocket infection. Maybe I shouldn't use mal wipes on the tail pocket and ears so much also. Blah! I'll switch back to witch hazel on everything.

Thansk! :D

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Oh, interesting. OK, I got into a panic with that tail pocket infection. Maybe I shouldn't use mal wipes on the tail pocket and ears so much also. Blah! I'll switch back to witch hazel on everything.

Thansk! :D

:) Mal wipes are good, but use them maybe 1-2 week.

Christie H

May 29, 2014
Centerton, Arkansas, United States
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Wheezie Kay Wigglebottom and Zakk Abbott Wylde
There is always something with these Bulldogs, I tell you. But here we are as parents doing the best we can.
This is what Abbott's folds look like most everyday without wiping.His is from constant eye watering so we use Vaseline to help with the scalding per our vet.
I thought I was doing something good. I got scared after her recent tail pocket infection, so I've been mal wiping her face folds, ears, and tail pocket every single day for a week now.

Figures I'd create more problems...ugh!

If that's the probelm, do you guys think I should use Desitin or A&D to fix her face?

Is this an allergy thing? I've been using malacetic wipes daily for a week. (The redness started a few days ago.) Is that the result of too much mal wipes usage?

View attachment 90278View attachment 90279View attachment 90280

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
while i was dog sitting for my stepson his dog got this really bad.. i cleaned it alot , wipes, powder, even gave her benadryl.. at first i thought it was stress from missing him but now i think there was a chance it was the detergent i was using on the bed she and i slept on.. they told me two days after returning home it was 75% better already and she mentioned she uses scent free detergent.. you may start checking there and see if it helps..

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Thanks all! It's still rusty, but it's better than it was. It looks like bad tear stains, but she had been tear stain free since she aged out of Puppy Fromms.

I'll keep using witch hazel and see what happens.

Brucey Baby

May 19, 2015
England
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Bruce
I use cotton wool pads for Bruces wet crease once a day and every other day i'll wet one with warm water to wipe it but then i'll try to dry it as much as I can after with dry cotton wool pads

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
I would only use Desitin until the irritation went away. It looks like raw skin to me.

OP
Cali Doll

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
I would only use Desitin until the irritation went away. It looks like raw skin to me.

I've been using the witch hazel and A&D and it's looking much better. I'm keeping an eye on it for sure, though. Thank you!! I might just try to use only A&D (or Desitin) to see if that speeds up healing.

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
I know this is an older thread- but Lockjaw just popped up with something similar today. I haven't changed anything. I wipe his face after both feedings; once with warm paper towel then go over it with witch hazel. Tonight I noticed the skin under his left eye was really red. I wiped it with warm water, then rubbed coconut oil on it. Should I try desitin or A&D instead? My poor baby. I feel so bad.

image.jpeg

NewEnglandBully

Poopah Scoopah
Community Veteran
Dec 29, 2013
Massachusetts
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sebastion (Sea Bass)
I know this is an older thread- but Lockjaw just popped up with something similar today. I haven't changed anything. I wipe his face after both feedings; once with warm paper towel then go over it with witch hazel. Tonight I noticed the skin under his left eye was really red. I wiped it with warm water, then rubbed coconut oil on it. Should I try desitin or A&D instead? My poor baby. I feel so bad.

View attachment 94685
:yes: Desitin!! It's red and raw and needs a break from any harsher cleaning products. Stick to the Desitin and Vaseline to keep the tears/wetness from irritating…you should see results in a few days to a week, if not, try neosporin for the antibiotic power or prescript. antibiotic to help clear…we have been down this road!!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Thank you [MENTION=10681]Laurie[/MENTION]! I'll start it tonight! Oh, I hope it clears up soon. He's hasn't messed with it at all, so hopefully it's not too irritating to him. Bless his heart. Thank you!!

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Thank you [MENTION=10681]Laurie[/MENTION]! I'll start it tonight! Oh, I hope it clears up soon. He's hasn't messed with it at all, so hopefully it's not too irritating to him. Bless his heart. Thank you!!

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Agree, destin should def take care of it by morning :) always does the trick for us !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Corine Pesantes

Aug 13, 2015
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lockjaw and Penny
Thanks [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]! Put some desitin on it tonight before I put him to bed (that way he's less likely to rub his face). I'm praying it looks better in the morning.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Thanks [MENTION=13133]TyTysmom[/MENTION]! Put some desitin on it tonight before I put him to bed (that way he's less likely to rub his face). I'm praying it looks better in the morning.

Let us know how it looks today :)

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online