Results 1 to 12 of 12

Thread: I need help!

  1. #1
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default I need help!

    So yesterday while petting Jovi I noticed there were two small and one large bump on her left leg. So I told my fiance about it and he said we will have to bring her to the vet in a few days if it does not clear to so if it's a tumor, I obviously hated to hear those words, but I agreed. We went to bed and woke up and all I see along the back, legs, chest are bumps. They are everywhere! And on her chest she has red spots. What is going on?!?! I must say that about 3 weeks ago I was switching over to Merrick so that was mixed in with Fromms to get her switched. But then I heard I should give her Zignature as it is limited ingredients and does not contain potatoes which she has a yeast issue so about 4 days she has had a mix of Fromms, Zignature and Merrick so I can switch her over. I have noticed though for about 3 weeks shes been really itchy and I just though they it was just her allergies but now she has bumps and she cant stop itching herself! She does not have fleas or ticks as I have checked her and our other dogs for them. I did just give her a bath with medicated shampoo and conditioner for itchy skin and gave her benedryl... But what else can I do? What is this? Also, I dont have a car currently and my fiance is at work so I don't have a way to the vet atm. I could though if it was serious but do you think it's just an allergic reaction? And what do you think it's from. We also did get new laundry detergent about a month ago and I just bought the stuff we usually use and washed our sheets to see if maybe that was the problem. Here are some pictures, she kept moving so this was the best I could get.


    -img_5910-1-jpg-img_5911-jpg-img_5912-1-jpg-img_5913-jpg


  2. #2
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: I need help!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    So yesterday while petting Jovi I noticed there were two small and one large bump on her left leg. So I told my fiance about it and he said we will have to bring her to the vet in a few days if it does not clear to so if it's a tumor, I obviously hated to hear those words, but I agreed. We went to bed and woke up and all I see along the back, legs, chest are bumps. They are everywhere! And on her chest she has red spots. What is going on?!?! I must say that about 3 weeks ago I was switching over to Merrick so that was mixed in with Fromms to get her switched. But then I heard I should give her Zignature as it is limited ingredients and does not contain potatoes which she has a yeast issue so about 4 days she has had a mix of Fromms, Zignature and Merrick so I can switch her over. I have noticed though for about 3 weeks shes been really itchy and I just though they it was just her allergies but now she has bumps and she cant stop itching herself! She does not have fleas or ticks as I have checked her and our other dogs for them. I did just give her a bath with medicated shampoo and conditioner for itchy skin and gave her benedryl... But what else can I do? What is this? Also, I dont have a car currently and my fiance is at work so I don't have a way to the vet atm. I could though if it was serious but do you think it's just an allergic reaction? And what do you think it's from. We also did get new laundry detergent about a month ago and I just bought the stuff we usually use and washed our sheets to see if maybe that was the problem. Here are some pictures, she kept moving so this was the best I could get.


    -img_5910-1-jpg-img_5911-jpg-img_5912-1-jpg-img_5913-jpg

    Those are hives. Its a reaction to something. The thing is with all the changes in food, and detergent - there is no way to determine the cause. Give her some Benadryl, and just watch to make sure there are no breathing problems. It could take a few days for the hives to go down. If you start to notice any problems breathing, get her to the vet immediately as they will need to inject her with something stronger. I would go back to basics with everything. Go back to old detergent. Go bland with her diet for at least a week, after the week of bland - start mixing in the new kibble day by day.

    The bath & benadryl should help alot.

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  3. #3
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: I need help!

    Quote Originally Posted by TyTysmom View Post
    Those are hives. Its a reaction to something. The thing is with all the changes in food, and detergent - there is no way to determine the cause. Give her some Benadryl, and just watch to make sure there are no breathing problems. It could take a few days for the hives to go down. If you start to notice any problems breathing, get her to the vet immediately as they will need to inject her with something stronger. I would go back to basics with everything. Go back to old detergent. Go bland with her diet for at least a week, after the week of bland - start mixing in the new kibble day by day.

    The bath & benadryl should help alot.

    is there a safe yet more efficient amount I should give her of benedryl right now? I currently give her 2 25mg tablets.


  4. #4
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: I need help!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    is there a safe yet more efficient amount I should give her of benedryl right now? I currently give her 2 25mg tablets.
    Its 1mg per pound... how much does she weigh? You can give every 8 hrs.

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  5. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  6. #5
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: I need help!

    She weighs 40 lbs but evrywhere online said they can take up to 2mg per pound so I figured I would round up to 2 tablets which still be less than 2mg. Also I have anti-inflamatory pills still for her legs. WOuld this help at all for hives?


  7. #6
    Norwegian Rose Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Vikinggirl's Avatar
    Real Name
    Monica
    Country
    Canada
    Location
    Burlington, ON Canada
    Posts
    9,636
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bulldozer and Blossom
    Likes (Received)
    2118

    Default Re: I need help!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    So yesterday while petting Jovi I noticed there were two small and one large bump on her left leg. So I told my fiance about it and he said we will have to bring her to the vet in a few days if it does not clear to so if it's a tumor, I obviously hated to hear those words, but I agreed. We went to bed and woke up and all I see along the back, legs, chest are bumps. They are everywhere! And on her chest she has red spots. What is going on?!?! I must say that about 3 weeks ago I was switching over to Merrick so that was mixed in with Fromms to get her switched. But then I heard I should give her Zignature as it is limited ingredients and does not contain potatoes which she has a yeast issue so about 4 days she has had a mix of Fromms, Zignature and Merrick so I can switch her over. I have noticed though for about 3 weeks shes been really itchy and I just though they it was just her allergies but now she has bumps and she cant stop itching herself! She does not have fleas or ticks as I have checked her and our other dogs for them. I did just give her a bath with medicated shampoo and conditioner for itchy skin and gave her benedryl... But what else can I do? What is this? Also, I dont have a car currently and my fiance is at work so I don't have a way to the vet atm. I could though if it was serious but do you think it's just an allergic reaction? And what do you think it's from. We also did get new laundry detergent about a month ago and I just bought the stuff we usually use and washed our sheets to see if maybe that was the problem. Here are some pictures, she kept moving so this was the best I could get.


    -img_5910-1-jpg-img_5911-jpg-img_5912-1-jpg-img_5913-jpg
    These are definitely Hives, and are caused by an allergic reaction to something. It can be from food, environment, new soap or cleaning products, or a bee or bug bite. Benadryl will work for the hives, but it can take 2 or 3 days to clear up, and only if you eliminate what caused the reaction. Dozer had hives 2 summers ago, and I gave him Benadryl, it took 2 days to see an improvement and 3 days to clear up. I never did find the cause of them, but they disappeared so I think it may have been a bug bite, as nothing else had changed in his routine.
    LEARN A LESSON FROM YOUR DOG, NO MATTER WHAT LIFE BRINGS YOU, KICK SOME GRASS OVER THAT AND MOVE ON.

  8. #7
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: I need help!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    She weighs 40 lbs but evrywhere online said they can take up to 2mg per pound so I figured I would round up to 2 tablets which still be less than 2mg. Also I have anti-inflamatory pills still for her legs. WOuld this help at all for hives?

    No the anti-Inflammatory pills won't do anything for hives. Keep on the Benadryl - 1 mg per lb every 8 hours & keep an eye on breathing.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  9. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
  10. #8
    Potty Trainer Mishell's Avatar
    Country
    Australia
    Posts
    65
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Chumley
    Likes (Received)
    19

    Default Re: I need help!

    They sure are hives , I know with humAns and allergies we give prednisone I wonder if this would help also I know Chumley had it when his ears were inflamed it's not a drug to use often but I think it's worth a vet visit as soon as you can get there and see what they say as its quite a big reaction .i hope things have settled down throughout the day with Benadryl

  11. #9
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: I need help!

    It seems the hives have worsened. It says online that hives are a fast reaction to something, but she has been on the mixed food for about a week and washed the sheets about 2 weeks ago with the new detergant. Would it take this long to breakout? I keep replaying back to when I first noticed it and nothing was different, maybe she got bit by something? She seems to not be itching AS MUCH right now but the hives are def worse.


  12. #10
    The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    TyTysmom's Avatar
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Katy, TX
    Posts
    5,501
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)
    6184

    Default Re: I need help!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    It seems the hives have worsened. It says online that hives are a fast reaction to something, but she has been on the mixed food for about a week and washed the sheets about 2 weeks ago with the new detergant. Would it take this long to breakout? I keep replaying back to when I first noticed it and nothing was different, maybe she got bit by something? She seems to not be itching AS MUCH right now but the hives are def worse.
    I'd get her to the vet today - she needs something stronger.


    Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

    My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

  13. Likes bullmama liked this post
  14. #11
    Doggie Boutique Owner Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    xxaprilrose's Avatar
    Real Name
    April
    Country
    United States
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    905
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Jovi
    Likes (Received)
    52

    Default Re: I need help!

    Just got back from the vet and they prescribed some steroids. And recommends I go back to fromms for now since we don't know what caused it exactly. Anywho the store that sells fromms is closed until Monday so I have to do a bland diet. I want to do a bland diet with boiled hamburger, pumpkin and sweet potatoes. How do u mix in the pumpkin and sweet potatoes? Do they need to be cooked a certain way as the hamburger does?


  15. #12
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    2BullyMama's Avatar
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Location
    Gilbertsville, PA
    Posts
    40,140
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)
    11481

    Default Re: I need help!

    Quote Originally Posted by xxaprilrose View Post
    Just got back from the vet and they prescribed some steroids. And recommends I go back to fromms for now since we don't know what caused it exactly. Anywho the store that sells fromms is closed until Monday so I have to do a bland diet. I want to do a bland diet with boiled hamburger, pumpkin and sweet potatoes. How do u mix in the pumpkin and sweet potatoes? Do they need to be cooked a certain way as the hamburger does?
    Should be boiled
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

    Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings




  16. Likes TyTysmom liked this post

Remove Ads

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •