ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Wally has had a stuffy/runny nose the last couple of days… started out clear and now has some yellowish tint to it. I had texted the vet yesterday, and she told me to give it 24 hours. Last night he was having trouble sleeping because he was so stuffed up. Off to the vets this afternoon...

I just noticed the smell of the tobacco barns burning this morning, I don't remember this bothering him last year but I guess this could be the culprit. Ugh… :(

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
Hopefully it clears out without too much medication. Healing hugs and kisses to Wally!

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Oh Wally, I hope you feel better soon buddy. Forgive my ingnorance, but what what is Tobacco Barns Burning?

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Hope he feels better soon and that you have good filters on your house as that crap can smell for months if I remember correctly.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Aww poor Wally, I hope he feels better soon. Could his symptoms be allergies to the Tobacco Barns? Does he have a fever?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Could be the barns, but since there is a yellow color to the discharge, it most likely is a cold.

Sure hope he feels better soon and you caught it early

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
wally.jpgWe want you to get well Wally! We wub you!:yes::heartsign::luv:

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Do you have a vaporizer that you can run? that may help Wally as far as feeling so stuffed up. Poor boy, hope he feels better very soon!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Oh Wally, I hope you feel better soon buddy. Forgive my ingnorance, but what what is Tobacco Barns Burning?

Not ignorant at all… Lol When they cut the tobacco they put it up in the barns and "smoke" it till it dries. It actually smells pretty good (and NO I'm not a smoker… Lol) but it does wreck havoc on the allergies :(

- - - Updated - - -

Could be the barns, but since there is a yellow color to the discharge, it most likely is a cold.

Sure hope he feels better soon and you caught it early

That's why I'm taking him today… you KNOW what will happen if I wait over the weekend… Lol

- - - Updated - - -

Aww poor Wally, I hope he feels better soon. Could his symptoms be allergies to the Tobacco Barns? Does he have a fever?

I don't think he's running a fever…

- - - Updated - - -

Do you have a vaporizer that you can run? that may help Wally as far as feeling so stuffed up. Poor boy, hope he feels better very soon!

He was completely stuffed up last night, and now he seems fine… I'm still taking him in :blink:

JennieS

Jun 25, 2013
Florence, KY
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruthie(died 11/27/18) Brutus & Hazel
Poor little wally...give him lots of love from us!

The Rottens are having some nasal drip also....I keep telling them their brains are falling out!
I think it's this time of year and the allergies are gearing up.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
I hope it's just a little cold and he gets over it quickly.:heart:

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Just got back from the vets… she decided to go ahead and do a respiratory panel on him. I have been giving him allergy meds for the last couple of days and it doesn't seem to be doing anything… she should know the results of the panel in a couple of days. In the meantime, she gave him some doxycycline to give him for now. She agreed that we need to nip this in the bud before it turns into something serious… I'm also getting the humidifier out to help w/his sleep.

Thanks for all the prayers & good wishes for my boy… I think that he's going to be just fine ;)

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.