Help Needed! Bulldog Limping Front Leg!!! Sometimes fine, other times he can barely walk.

Cali Doll

Community Veteran
Nov 20, 2014
Northern VA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Bella has had an on/off limp since April. I know exactly what caused it, too. She was playing wildly with a very active dog. She's had xrays, and she's been vet-checked numerous times. They see nothing that's causing the limp. The limp doesn't even slow her down at all. It's just present. I rested her for 6 weeks, which helped but didn't resolve the problem. I stared her on NuJoint supplements, which are helping, I think. She's not as active these days because the weather is cold, so it's hard to tell.

If the limping flares up again next year when the weather is nice, I'll take her to an Ortho.

shanleighp

Jun 25, 2015
Country
US
Bulldog(s) Names
Gracie
my dog did the same thing. She was on Remidyl for several months. We then took Xrays and xrays showed one of her leg bones had blocked the other bone from growing. She was 8 months when we found it and we had to wait till yesterday to do surgery with an orthopedic surgeon. You might want to check on getting an xray. You couldn't feel it when doctors would check, but xray revealed a lot. Hope your baby is better soon.

Most Reactions