Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Bulldog Limping Front Leg!!! Sometimes fine, other times he can barely walk.

Bulldog Vet in Training Corine Pesantes's Avatar
    Real Name
    Corine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lockjaw and Penny
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldog Limping Front Leg!!! Sometimes fine, other times he can barely walk.

Mine would also limp after either playing rough with one another or jumping in the house. I started them on a joint support and that he really seemed to help. We also try to not let them jump off of the couch. But other than that I really think it's the supplement. I started giving mine Nupro Joint and Immunity Support. After about 2 weeks, I haven't seen either of them limp since. They really likes the flavor and it didn't upset Thor tummies. I just break up the daily serving between their meals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    "Every once in a while, a dog (or 2) enters your life and changes everything!" <3

Mommy of Lockjaw and Penny

Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Bulldog Limping Front Leg!!! Sometimes fine, other times he can barely walk.

We are having exactly the same problem with Winnie! She started limping a week ago today on her right front leg. We took her to the vet, who found a bruise in between her paw pads. She is not limping as badly now, but she still does limp, especially when she first gets up from a nap. Also, it's almost impossible to keep her from jumping up and down off of the couch and bed. We never crate her either, unless we leave the house, which is rare. At times she doesn't limp at all. I'm going to give her a couple more days and take her for an xRay if it's not cleared up, because it seems like a bruise should have cleared up by now. Keep us posted and I'll do the same!

Country
    United Kingdom
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Billy
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    sometimes when they allow you to touch or bend and they are walking with a limp.... a few days of rest does help heal the bruise/sprain, but if it as been longer, it is best to have him checke and x-ray done.

good luck and welcome to EBN!
    thanks 2BullyMama x

Rescue Volunteer Become a 4 Paw Member Cali Doll's Avatar
    Real Name
    Cali
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Bella has had an on/off limp since April. I know exactly what caused it, too. She was playing wildly with a very active dog. She's had xrays, and she's been vet-checked numerous times. They see nothing that's causing the limp. The limp doesn't even slow her down at all. It's just present. I rested her for 6 weeks, which helped but didn't resolve the problem. I stared her on NuJoint supplements, which are helping, I think. She's not as active these days because the weather is cold, so it's hard to tell.

If the limping flares up again next year when the weather is nice, I'll take her to an Ortho.
    {MEAN JOE BELLA}

IG: @bellatheenglishbully

Newbie Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    US
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Gracie
    Likes (Received)

my dog did the same thing. She was on Remidyl for several months. We then took Xrays and xrays showed one of her leg bones had blocked the other bone from growing. She was 8 months when we found it and we had to wait till yesterday to do surgery with an orthopedic surgeon. You might want to check on getting an xray. You couldn't feel it when doctors would check, but xray revealed a lot. Hope your baby is better soon.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads