Other Hotspot on the paw ?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Yep, first for me! of all the hotspots I have experienced with my babies and others in and around my life, this is the first time I have seen one on a paw!

Lambeau.... caught it on day one so it is almost gone, but here is a picture of it the day I noticed it. It is about 3 days in now and all crusty and hard, so it is 'dying'... peroxide and some antibiotic powder i had left from Banks' tail issues :up:

August 2015 006.JPGAugust 2015 007.JPG

and then, there is Lambeau soaking up the A/C - as soon as he hears it kick on, he runs over and lays on the vent

August 2015 002.JPG

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] Glad to hear you've given it "the cure"! My dogs would probably keep licking it! Lambeau has the right idea,sucking up the A/C!!

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
aww.. he's such a cutie.

wonder what caused the hot spot..

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Awe. Lamby. Yah, Tyson has had them on his paw before. Who knows what the heck causes them. I keep him clean, wipe him down, etc. And he'll still get them. Ugh. Right now I think he's developing a cyst in between, I'm trying to handle it before it gets bad. So I've been soaking it in epsom, and applying antibiotic ointment. Glad you caught it early! He doesn't seemed phased by it at all. LOL

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Always amazing how big & ugly, right from the get go ;(

Great job, Momma, it looks so much better and Lamby
is no fool, lol Just want to kiss that sweet face all over!

OP
2BullyMama

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
aww.. he's such a cutie.

wonder what caused the hot spot..

I have no idea and I have been trying like all heck to figure it out. The picture is after I shaved it down and cleaned it once, but it was nasty.... raw and lots of yellow puss. I wipe his paws when we come in and nothing in diet has changed -- :hmm:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Well, he is handsome no matter what! I am glad you caught it early and it resolved quickly. He looks so comfy on the vent!

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
the boy is as smart as he is cute! I never ever knew they could get them on their paws, Im happy it didn't turn into something crazy. :yes:

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.