Now hair falling out! Need ideas for questions for vet?

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Ok, so second UA came back ok for kidney issues. She was concentrating her urine which the vet was concerned about. When we talked she said she thought we were dealing w a bladder issue. However, the UA showed higher pH, trace blood & some struvites. She started us back on DL-Methionine and wanted a recheck. We went to the beach and Penny stayed with a family friend. The morning after we got home, she had an accident inside and when I checked her pH at home it was a 9. So, off we took a sample in and she indeed has another UTI (first one since Feb). She's back on an antibiotic and they were doing an in-house culture and then she is also sending out of a protein-creatinine ratio which she said would look for early kidney failure...which she said she wasn't concerned about last week.

I'm so frustrated! I feel so bad for her. It's like we just can't get ahead...it's allergies, a UTI, or both. In other news, she seems to be responding to the apoquel very well.

what a vicious circle..... sending hugs!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts for Precious Penny. Love and Kisses To Sweet Penny.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.