Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Now hair falling out! Need ideas for questions for vet?

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Now hair falling out! Need ideas for questions for vet?

Quote Originally Posted by MissPennyLue View Post
    Ok, so the vet redid bloodwork when we were there to recheck some levels that were slightly elevated in June. She wanted to see if they were ok to start the apoquel. She called today & my husband is going to pick it up after work. She is concerned because her creatitine (sp?) levels were on the high end of normal given her history with the UTI issues. It was 1.7 She said 1.6 is normal & she usually isn't concerned until it's over 2, but given her history we are going to do another urine analysis and she was going to check for a few more things. She said it's often an indicator of kidney disease. She said that sometimes allergy/skin issues that can lodge immune complexes in the kidneys and that it's irreversible if that's the case. Anyone hear of this?
    I have not heard of this, but sending positive thoughts and prayers it is not the case
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by 2BullyMama View Post
    I have not heard of this, but sending positive thoughts and prayers it is not the case
    Thanks. I am worried.

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Penelope Lue (Penny)
    Likes (Received)

Ok, so second UA came back ok for kidney issues. She was concentrating her urine which the vet was concerned about. When we talked she said she thought we were dealing w a bladder issue. However, the UA showed higher pH, trace blood & some struvites. She started us back on DL-Methionine and wanted a recheck. We went to the beach and Penny stayed with a family friend. The morning after we got home, she had an accident inside and when I checked her pH at home it was a 9. So, off we took a sample in and she indeed has another UTI (first one since Feb). She's back on an antibiotic and they were doing an in-house culture and then she is also sending out of a protein-creatinine ratio which she said would look for early kidney failure...which she said she wasn't concerned about last week.

I'm so frustrated! I feel so bad for her. It's like we just can't get ahead...it's allergies, a UTI, or both. In other news, she seems to be responding to the apoquel very well.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by MissPennyLue View Post
    Ok, so second UA came back ok for kidney issues. She was concentrating her urine which the vet was concerned about. When we talked she said she thought we were dealing w a bladder issue. However, the UA showed higher pH, trace blood & some struvites. She started us back on DL-Methionine and wanted a recheck. We went to the beach and Penny stayed with a family friend. The morning after we got home, she had an accident inside and when I checked her pH at home it was a 9. So, off we took a sample in and she indeed has another UTI (first one since Feb). She's back on an antibiotic and they were doing an in-house culture and then she is also sending out of a protein-creatinine ratio which she said would look for early kidney failure...which she said she wasn't concerned about last week.

I'm so frustrated! I feel so bad for her. It's like we just can't get ahead...it's allergies, a UTI, or both. In other news, she seems to be responding to the apoquel very well.

what a vicious circle..... sending hugs!
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

BullyWood Movie Star Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Susan Moore
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Elmo
    Likes (Received)

Sending Prayers and Positive Thoughts for Precious Penny. Love and Kisses To Sweet Penny.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Remove Ads