Allergic Reaction?

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Another day, another issue with Bowser. The red spots that were on his belly are back and they are worse this time. It's been about 2 days and they haven't gone away yet. I've given him some Benadryl. He's been on a bland diet for 5 days now so it's not his food. What could he be allergic to? I was thinking maybe grass or something in my backyard but he's been going potty there since we brought him home from the breeder. Maybe I need to get allergy testing done.

8e38500b6ef4b821a94bda0cca044785.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Does look like bites of some type? Ants maybe?
Do you wipe him off after an outing-- try that, we had to do it with Banks because of her grass and tree allergies

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Harlea's belly gets like that when our grass is too tall. Could be a contact allergy to grass or setting else.

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
I was hoping it wasn't grass because he only goes potty on grass. Guess I'll just start wiping him down everytime he goes outside. Don't think it's any bites but who knows.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my dog has allergies and takes medication for it.. she takes 2 pills a day and hasn't had a problem since on it.. i asked vet if i can cut her back to one pill and she said wait till winter because ragweed it really bad now and it may cause her to break out.. maybe if your has allergies it could be from that.. ??? just a thought

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
The bumps are still there. How do I find out if he has allergies? Do I need to get the blood test for him?

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
The bumps are still there. How do I find out if he has allergies? Do I need to get the blood test for him?

It is best to wait till he is at least 2 yrs old for any testing... immune system is still growing and any test before that could yield false results. Not saying you can not do it, but just know it may not be accurate.

Have they gotten worse or still the same but not getting better?

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Ok, I will wait. I just hate seeing him scratch it so bad that it bleeds. I've been wiping him everytime he comes back inside.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ok, I will wait. I just hate seeing him scratch it so bad that it bleeds. I've been wiping him everytime he comes back inside.

the cool cloth should help lessen the itch. It sucks, I know, but it will get better

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.