Ramps/Stairs for Dogs

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
totally cool... i have not tried those, but we did buy a ramp for our guys many years ago and they refused to use it :faceplam:

2hillkids

Apr 30, 2015
Country
United States of America
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola
Lola is the same way. Loves to be on the couch. I have something similar. I bought a stair/ramp unit from Bed Bath and Beyond. It is carpeted on both sides and can convert just by flipping it over. Super easy. She really did not like the ramp. She goes up and down no problem. She uses it so much that I have noticed the bottom step is getting a hole in the carpet. We have had it for over 2 months now.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
One of mine won't use a ramp either.

I like the way they look but are the cubes connected? I'm worry about that when my two get the crazies. They run and jump on everything. The steps need to be heavy enough not to move or I'd worry they'd get hurt.

I use these- Lucky Cat Heavy Duty 3 Step Pet Stair & Reviews | Wayfair

Have them in the 3 and 2 step. Love them.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Drs. Foster and Smith Dura-Ruff Indoor Ramp is the one we have. My dogs all use it to get up on the bed, not to get off. I got it because I've had several senior dogs in the past that the vet recommended they not jump on and off the bed. I was hoping that if my current dogs learned to use them when young, then when they get old thy will use them easily. I never had any luck teaching my old dogs to use stairs or ramps.

Anyway, I like this ramp because you can configure it different ways. I don't have a lot of room in my bedroom, but this ramp fits on the corner of the bed with room to spare. It's big enough for my big dog and Winnie. When they get the zoomies, they do sometimes knock it over--but is anything safe during the zoomies?!

(sorry, I don't know how to post the link)

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Drs. Foster and Smith Dura-Ruff Indoor Ramp is the one we have. My dogs all use it to get up on the bed, not to get off. I got it because I've had several senior dogs in the past that the vet recommended they not jump on and off the bed. I was hoping that if my current dogs learned to use them when young, then when they get old thy will use them easily. I never had any luck teaching my old dogs to use stairs or ramps.

Anyway, I like this ramp because you can configure it different ways. I don't have a lot of room in my bedroom, but this ramp fits on the corner of the bed with room to spare. It's big enough for my big dog and Winnie. When they get the zoomies, they do sometimes knock it over--but is anything safe during the zoomies?!

(sorry, I don't know how to post the link)

Yeah, my steps are pretty sturdy during the zoomies..lol

The reason I asked about the cubes is, if they're not connected, it's too easy to move them when they get the crazies and I wouldn't want mine to slip or get a leg or paw stuck in between cubes.
If they're connected though, I think they're a very nice looking option.

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Yeah, my steps are pretty sturdy during the zoomies..lol

The reason I asked about the cubes is, if they're not connected, it's too easy to move them when they get the crazies and I wouldn't want mine to slip or get a leg or paw stuck in between cubes.
If they're connected though, I think they're a very nice looking option.

They have Velcro strips on them so that you can stick them together. Still, they have come apart and topple over when both dogs (Jack - 85lbs and Winnie 45lbs) chase each other around the house, which includes up and down the bed! They are made of some kind of foam that's pretty sturdy but not too heavy. Heavier would be fine though, because we don't really move ours.

natski282

Dog Hoarder
May 27, 2013
Barrys Bay Ont Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Megan = Meg,
My dog is pretty sure she is human and likes being on the couch... she has short little legs and I have to help her up. Jumping down she will do but I worry about her jumping down and the impact it has on their bodies. I came across these Puppy Stairs ramps. Has anyone tried these or anything like this?

Puppy Stairs - Deluxe Pet Ramps & Steps - 1 Step, 2 Step or 3 Step

I have now two pair of stairs , i have a 3 step for the bed and a two step for the couch , love em as do all the various dogs I have , the reason I have them is My back and there hips . The Bulldogs love them the most Diva 11 does not at this stage in her life need to jump up or down , even Odin uses them and he is so big he can pretty well step onto anything he wants , but he is also a Cane Corso and hip displashia ( spellin there ) is strong in the breed so the stairs = less stress on them and there hips and less stress on My wallet in the long run .

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
we have steps for our little yorkies to get in the bed but the bulldogs are to wide.. the steps are to narrow.. they try to go up them and can make it but they wont go down and jump off bed.. i would like to find some that were extra wide for them.

Lazhar

Jun 28, 2016
United Kingdom
Country
United Kingdom
Bulldog(s) Names
Nala
Dog stairs help senior or ailing dogs as well as dogs with joint or hip problems such as arthritis. Your dog needs much less effort to climb up to your bed or couch resulting in enhanced comfort. There are several dog ramps reviewed everywhere but make sure you get the right size!

Dog ramps mostly used outdoors to get in and out of a vehicle. Seriously impaired dogs may find small steps too difficult to climb – so you may have to go with dog ramps instead.

Members online

No members online now.