punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
So im dog sitting for my step son, i am very careful because we are the only ones he trust to do this and he is very very picky.. anyway, her face is pink and she is scratching it alot.. they said they give her benadryl but i noticed it is kind of smelly.. almost like yeast infection.. do dogs get this on their face.. its the only place she has it.. her wrinkles.. i clean a few times a day and dry it too.. shes pouting also because its the first time she has been away from them too.. could it be from stress.. shes not really eating much , just her treats.. how can i help her besides the benadryl .. just dont want her to suffer.. help if you can

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
Ohh! you could easily use witch hazel or douxo wipes in her wrinkles, these are self-drying wipes/liquids that have antiseptic properties. Moisture can build up in face wrinkles and let yeast thrive. Daily cleaning with even dry tissues, or tissues wet with witch hazel or chlorehexidine (douxo is the brand name but you can find chlorohexidine 2-4% at the pharmacy) will help 100%. ...and share the knowledge to your son.

itchiness is caused by allergies but these are most often alleviated by a change in food! a good grain free (sometimes chicken free if bully is allergic) can do wonders for itchies!

I also have a bully who hates when we leave her with family members. I ask my brother to hand feed her..ridiculous but it works most of the time. Let your sons dog have as much as its normal scheduled activities as possible. For my brother, he had to make sure she had quiet time on our bed (8+ hours a day)

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
thank you i will use the witch hazel.. she is really funny. i clean it so much she now wrinkles up her nose because she knows im going to clean it .. she a smart one.. lol.. thanks i will keep cleaning.. i feel like im irritating it by cleaning it so much..

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
I get Lola at least twice a day with a clean tissue, dry kleenex i mean. She's on maintenance though. I hit the face wrinkles with douxo about 1x a week, and witch hazel about twice a week...when she's around when i'm witch hazeling my own face ;) Your SIL is blessed to have such a bully-sitter in you :) are you close to boston by chance??

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
he knows how i care for my bull babies and knows i will do whatever i can for them. to make them happy and healthy.. i do think its where my gray hair is coming from though.. lol..

no, sorry im in west virginia.. but i was an army brat and originally came from ayer, Massachusetts .. lol

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
shes pouting also because its the first time she has been away from them too.. could it be from stress.. shes not really eating much , just her treats.. how can i help her besides the benadryl .. just dont want her to suffer.. help if you can

yes, if she is away from them and her home, they will pout and not eat for a day or two

OP
punky

punky

Mar 19, 2010
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
yeah, i have one little one that will pout for a couple days when we leave but today makes 6 days.. i got her to eat some finally.. just amazes me how long she went and shes still a little pouty but at least im not hand feeding her tonight .. lol they will be home tomorrow and im betting he wont be leaving her again for a long time..

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.