Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

Unhappy my dog is limping...

i took my abbey for a walk (which she loves) and i noticed as we were walking she acted like she wanted me to stop and pick her up... i told her to come on and noticed that she was walking a little funny at times.. not all the time..so i cut the walk short and as we were coming up to the house i asked my husband if he thought she looked like she was walking funny.. he said he didnt think she looked like it.. anyway, long story short, the next morning shes limping and wont put much pressure on her back leg.. I feel horrible now, did i cause it to get worse?? i gave her a doggie aspirin and she will sometimes put her leg down but other times not.. im taking her to vet but worried.. how do you tell if its the knee.. nothing looks swollen and i looked at her foot over and over, nothing, not cut or anything.. i hate when my babies hurt.. she dont act like shes hurting but she must be. she still runs and plays.. i going to vet but thought someone might have an idea, did her walk cause it to get bad? any ideas ??

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: my dog is limping...

It could be so many different things, Gail, if she doesn't seem in pain,
    I'd not give her aspirin until the issue is known as it thins the blood and
    can cause stomach irritation & perhaps bleeding. I'd keep her crated &
    quiet until you get her in, do you have a regular Vet? It could be a soft
    tissue injury, a sprain or muscle pull or other, more serious issues.
    Please keep us updated, I'll add her to prayers list.

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

3. Likes ddnene liked this post
    Harvey's Executive Assistant Become a 4 Paw Member
    Country
    United States
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harvey Specter
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

these things happen all the time. A little rest with carfrofen, anti inflammatory nsaid and she will be back in no time. Good Luck. I know it feels bad when our babies are in pain. We just do the best for them.
    Hug your bully today

BullyWood Movie Star I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Erin
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Frank
    Likes (Received)

It might just be a minor strain. That has happened to Frank on occasion and we just keep him resting, with no walking, running, or jumping on things, until it improves. Hopefully it is nothing serious - sending positive thoughts to you guys.
    Happiness is a warm bulldog!

6. Likes Texas Carol liked this post
    Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

thank you texas carol for the prayers and about the aspirin.. i didnt think about that.. she does seem to be putting some weight on it now and i have been making her stay calm and rest it.. i think it helped.. my husband laughed at me because i put some ice on it.. she didnt care as long as i was giving her a belly rub.. probably didnt help but shes acting alot better.. im still taking her to vet tomorrow when they open because i am probably the worst dog parent ever.. i worry about my babies..im hoping it was just a strain.. our newest rescue is a male and although hes only a year old he is much bigger then her.. im thinking they were playing a little to rough and maybe he stepped on her or something.. shes our smallest bullie.. thanks i will update her condition..

8. Likes Biogirl71 liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by punky View Post
    thank you texas carol for the prayers and about the aspirin.. i didnt think about that.. she does seem to be putting some weight on it now and i have been making her stay calm and rest it.. i think it helped.. my husband laughed at me because i put some ice on it.. she didnt care as long as i was giving her a belly rub.. probably didnt help but shes acting alot better.. im still taking her to vet tomorrow when they open because i am probably the worst dog parent ever.. i worry about my babies..im hoping it was just a strain.. our newest rescue is a male and although hes only a year old he is much bigger then her.. im thinking they were playing a little to rough and maybe he stepped on her or something.. shes our smallest bullie.. thanks i will update her condition..
    How is she doing? I have not been around for a few days and just catching up
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Feed Store Operator Become a 4 Paw Member punky's Avatar
    Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

well i come home this morning (working midnight shift) and she wont put her foot down and hops.. so i call the vet and ask if i can bring her in.. sure she tells me so i get her harness, remember i mentioned abbey loves her walks, the minute she sees her harness and leash her foot goes on the ground with just a slight limp.. well, i still take her to vet.. she checks her out and of course you can just slightly tell shes limping.. vet and i decided to just keep an eye on her and not let her romp to much and rest it.. thinking maybe just a sprain or maybe getting a little arthritis in it.. so back in the truck we go heading home and as soon as we get out of the truck shes holding her leg up again and hopping... my husband thinks shes faking because everytime we go to vet and head home he stops at mcdonalds and buys her a plain hamburger without bun.. yeah, dont judge me.., the visit wore her out so she went to her turtle sand box and got under the covers for a long nap.. i am off next three days so i am going to pamper her and keep close eye on her.. faking or not i don't mind pampering my babies, they make me smile so its the least i could do.

. i will keep ya updated if anything gets worse.. im relaxed a little more now the she seemed much better.. i know i worry to much.. kinda felt silly at vet when she could just barely tell she was limping.. she probably thinks im crazy rushing her in with that type of injury..

11. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Not crazy... Adrenaline will less the pain. She is excited for the ride and her treat = no pain at the vet office
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

Remove Ads