General Question dog sitting

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
need a little advice.. i own 4 bulldogs and i have learned alot about caring for them.. but seems like i learn something new everyday.. i am dog sitting for our sons bulldog..(first time hes been away from her).. I think his dog is missing him.. shes pouting and not eating much.. shes eating a little but she paces the floor and then goes to her bed and lays down.. i have been trying to give her a little extra attention but so far nothing.. its been two days now.. is there something i can do for her.. i suggested taking her back to his house so she can be around familiar surroundings but hes afraid that would upset her more.. i think different. but im just doing what he asked me to do.. what does everyone else think.. will she get over it or will it get worse.. she is eating but not a whole lot.. not to worried yet but this dog is like his child(they all are to us) but we are the only ones he trust to watch her and i don't want to let him down.. he almost did not go on vacation but we insisted he go.. he calls everyday and i tell him shes doing fine.. which she is but she could be better.. help..

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
As you know , Bulldogs ate OCD, so not only is she missing him, but she is not in her comfort zone. She should be fine, as long as she is eating and doing potty...

How long will you have her?

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Hopefully, she will adjust and feel better soon. I have a guy that comes to my house and stays when we leave town. My dogs love him (he's also a friend), but he's had some of them refuse to eat for a while when we first leave. They have always started eating after a day or two.

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
I feel like she is missing her daddy. As long as she is drinking and eating a little, she should be fine. I think it better not to take her home. One of mine wouldn't eat for about three days when I took them to my sister's-and I was with them! She is just sulking! It's her way of "protesting!"

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
It sounds like she misses het daddy and her house. We were just away for 10 days and had a sitter stay at our house and it really made a big difference for my boys. They were not stressed all.

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.