Real Name
    gail
    Country
    usa
    Bulldog(s) Names
    porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
    Likes (Received)

Default dog sitting

need a little advice.. i own 4 bulldogs and i have learned alot about caring for them.. but seems like i learn something new everyday.. i am dog sitting for our sons bulldog..(first time hes been away from her).. I think his dog is missing him.. shes pouting and not eating much.. shes eating a little but she paces the floor and then goes to her bed and lays down.. i have been trying to give her a little extra attention but so far nothing.. its been two days now.. is there something i can do for her.. i suggested taking her back to his house so she can be around familiar surroundings but hes afraid that would upset her more.. i think different. but im just doing what he asked me to do.. what does everyone else think.. will she get over it or will it get worse.. she is eating but not a whole lot.. not to worried yet but this dog is like his child(they all are to us) but we are the only ones he trust to watch her and i don't want to let him down.. he almost did not go on vacation but we insisted he go.. he calls everyday and i tell him shes doing fine.. which she is but she could be better.. help..

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: dog sitting

As you know , Bulldogs ate OCD, so not only is she missing him, but she is not in her comfort zone. She should be fine, as long as she is eating and doing potty...

How long will you have her?
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

3. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Bulldog Vet in Training Become a 4 Paw Member Donnam's Avatar
    Real Name
    Donna
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Winnie
    Likes (Received)

Hopefully, she will adjust and feel better soon. I have a guy that comes to my house and stays when we leave town. My dogs love him (he's also a friend), but he's had some of them refuse to eat for a while when we first leave. They have always started eating after a day or two.

5. Likes Manydogs liked this post
    Founder of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Lynn
    Country
    U.S.A.
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Maudee,Martha,Lizzie,Bro.Katie
    Likes (Received)

I feel like she is missing her daddy. As long as she is drinking and eating a little, she should be fine. I think it better not to take her home. One of mine wouldn't eat for about three days when I took them to my sister's-and I was with them! She is just sulking! It's her way of "protesting!"
    "
    “It came to me that every time I lose a dog they take a piece of my heart with them. And every new dog who comes into my life gifts me with a piece of their heart. If I live long enough,all the components of my heart will be dog,and I will become as generous and loving as they are"

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

It sounds like she misses het daddy and her house. We were just away for 10 days and had a sitter stay at our house and it really made a big difference for my boys. They were not stressed all.
    My smooshy face boy!

Remove Ads