cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh, THANK YOU all so very much. I really appreciate the kind and encouraging words!

I had been waiting patiently for Tate's 2nd bowel movement of the day (LOL) and he finally went at around 8pm. First thing i looked at was his bootie and there was no streak of blood like there was yesterday so that was a relief in itself. Then i looked at the poop and it looked better than before. Still a little mucous-blood tinged but definitely not like this a.m. or yesterday. Sorry for the graphic descriptions but i know you guys don't mind! ;)

I'm being quite hopeful that he is on the road to recovery. He's been drinking some chicken broth, and eating white rice, and poached chicken breast and that is all. I'm being super-strict with this bland diet. And no more McD's ice cream sundaes for him! :no:

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
That's great news, hopefully the diet will make him all better. Big hugs to Tate and you and Finn! McDonald sundaes aren't even healthy for humans!

Happy Happy Birthday Henny!!!

:birthday::birthday:

aprilemari

Community Veteran
Sep 11, 2011
Boston, MA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Lola & Fox
hope Tate is feeling better. Metronidazole always binds Lola up for at least 24 hours :) may be no second deuce for Tate today....

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
So sorry I missed this until now, what a bummer on your birthday weekend ;(

Had to read all the way thru to make sure Tate was doing well, so worried!

Hate McD's, no real food there, probably a reaction to artificial chemicals in
the sundae. It's encouraging he looks well, eating well & has meds. As I was
exclaiming in dismay, Cami got up from the other end of the sofa, came to Mom,
comforted me then curled up snugged into my side. What would we DO without
our bullies?

Sending loving hugs & prayers over y'all that all is well now.

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Thanks again, everyone!

I'm still on "poopy-watch"!

This a.m. Mr.Tate had his bm and it was still a pudding-like consistency with some reddish coloring which I believe is blood still. I know i need to be patient and the poop did look better than before so that's good news. He IS on the road to recovery, i just know it. Everything else still seems "normal" and I can tell he wants to EAT more than what i've been giving him. And b/c Tate is on snack-restriction, poor Finny doesn't get any snacks either (well, maybe one or two cookies I will give when Tate isn't looking)!! :ohmy:

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thanks again, everyone!

This a.m. Mr.Tate had his bm and it was still a pudding-like consistency with some reddish coloring which I believe is blood still. I know i need to be patient and the poop did look better than before so that's good news. He IS on the road to recovery, i just know it. Everything else still seems "normal" and I can tell he wants to EAT more than what i've been giving him. And b/c Tate is on snack-restriction, poor Finny doesn't get any snacks either (well, maybe one or two cookies I will give when Tate isn't looking)!! :ohmy:

I'm glad to hear that he's on the mend… hopefully he will feel better by tomorrow!!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thanks again, everyone!

slow and steady.... is better than no progress. happy he is getting there

OP
cali baker

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, this morning I'm still a worried mommy :(

The poop today was pudding-like with some blood in it. Friday was when he had his first episodes of bloody diarrhea; he's on day 4 of a 5-day course of metronidazole. I guess I was hoping he'd be all "cured" by now! But like I said before, it does look better than the first episode. Not so much poo either and he goes his usual 2x/day.

His energy level is very good. He sleeps soundly, he has an appetite, and he just seems like my old Tate. He may get a little more tired than usual but he's eating less so that could be why.

Do u think I should add anything to his diet? right now he only eats boiled chicken breast, white rice and some chicken broth. Nothing else than that.
Tate is such a good little boy, always so sweet even when he isn't feeling well. I worry about him so much, I just want him to get better soon.:pray:

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
I think I would call the vet and see what else, if anything, they want you to do. I am praying for him.

dolphin

Pooper scooper
Nov 5, 2012
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Well, this morning I'm still a worried mommy :(

The poop today was pudding-like with some blood in it. Friday was when he had his first episodes of bloody diarrhea; he's on day 4 of a 5-day course of metronidazole. I guess I was hoping he'd be all "cured" by now! But like I said before, it does look better than the first episode. Not so much poo either and he goes his usual 2x/day.

His energy level is very good. He sleeps soundly, he has an appetite, and he just seems like my old Tate. He may get a little more tired than usual but he's eating less so that could be why.

Do u think I should add anything to his diet? right now he only eats boiled chicken breast, white rice and some chicken broth. Nothing else than that.
Tate is such a good little boy, always so sweet even when he isn't feeling well. I worry about him so much, I just want him to get better soon.:pray:

Yikes I thought he would be better this morning too. Maybe call the vet and tell them what's going on, maybe there's something else they'll go with. I'm so sorry he's going through this right now. :pray2:

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Yeah, I would call the vet again and let them know you'll still seeing blood - just to see if what they recommend. Oh Tate, don't they know just what to give you for your birthday? A anxiety attack! Tyson gave us that gift for Christmas this past year. Ugh. So sorry Henny, hope you get some answers and he starts getting better. Its so hard when they are acting normal otherwise.

Most Reactions