Empty Stomach Syndrome or Another Bout of Pancreatitis

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Greetings, Well...yesterday the wife and I were off (i.e. I had my back injected with steroids Again and the wife had to drive me home form the doctor's office) and were home. We fed the kids out of the norm (i.e. off of their usually scheduled meals). As a result we think, our Jewelie Girl did not want to eat this morning. Also, she suffers from Empty Stomach Syndrome. If she does not eat at her particular time, she usually pukes up frothy phlegm and bile (that yellow crap from the liver and stored in the gallbladder used in the digestion of food that many have endured when worshipping the porcelain alter after an evening with copious ETOH ingestions...yes I am not a novice at this particular process). Usually after she has puked, she is ready for her meal.

Since we did feed them out of their usual schedule, we thought well lets wait until after she pukes and we'll feed her. That did not happen. She did not want anything to do with food. Further, Jewelie girl had bubbling and gurgling sounds in her stomach or hyperactive belly sounds about the same when she had her bout of pancreatitis last year. Well were not waiting this time. Off to the vet we went. Jewel got a shot of an anti-emetic as well as some pills. The vet does not think it is pancreatitis and believes it is Empty Stomach Syndrome because of the wacky feeding times yesterday. Now, we are to wait an hour and try to give her something to eat.

Gladly, my better half pulled out the canned chicken breast in water just now as I am typing and Jewel ate it without reservation. We will now wait for the dinner hour and give Jewel her regular diet that is, Royal Canin Gastrointestinal...low fat secondary to pancreatitis.

One thing I have noticed...the weather...hot and humid is grossly affecting our kids in EBN land (as I have read in threads). I am hoping that this is not the start of the pancreatitis issue Jewel had last year.

One thing is for sure...Whenever I am down because of my kids, I know I can always post my thoughts, concerns, etc. here on EBN land that has many ears and a plethora of experience that is shared. And when I need a laugh, I can always reach out to "The Funny Bone" for some cheering up.

We'll see how Jewel does in the next twenty-four hours. Sorry girl...no treats even though they are low fat.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
I'm sorry to hear about Jewel… this weather is seriously wrecking havoc on the bullies, Wally went thru a NOT eating period for a couple of days and we ended up at the vets. Turns out we think it was allergies, but I really think the heat is starting to get to him… Hope your girl feels better soon!!!

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Roger, I'm very sorry your back is hurting, I live with pain, very crappy!

Hoping Jewel isn't having pancreatitis, just under the weather a tad. Yes,
scary weather/allergy things with our bullies, too many sad losses on fb
in the past month ;(

Keep us updated, I send loving prayers for y'all.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey Roger... Good to see you! Sorry you are still in pain with your back, i hope this round helps you with some relief.

I am sending lots of prayers to you and Jewel so hoping her issues are not returning

How is she this morning?

And i agree... This summer has been brutal between allergies and ticks, i am actually looking forward to winter. :facepalm:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
I'm sorry to hear about Jewel… this weather is seriously wrecking havoc on the bullies, Wally went thru a NOT eating period for a couple of days and we ended up at the vets. Turns out we think it was allergies, but I really think the heat is starting to get to him… Hope your girl feels better soon!!!

Thanks and yes...Jewel is doing well and eating again.

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Hey Roger... Good to see you! Sorry you are still in pain with your back, i hope this round helps you with some relief.

I am sending lots of prayers to you and Jewel so hoping her issues are not returning

How is she this morning?

And i agree... This summer has been brutal between allergies and ticks, i am actually looking forward to winter. :facepalm:

Jewel is doing well and is eating again.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Good news, give Jewel love from me & Cami...
Happy Sunday :)

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] Happy to hear that your girl is better today! Now must work on you! Been there,done that with the back. Had 2 surgeries. Still feels like I can't get out of the bed in a.m. Still have occasional trip to chiropractor! Very hard to avoid using your back,isn't it!!? Hope you have relief soon! No one knows the pain,until they've been there!
Feel better soon. :blah::pray::yes:

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@rjisaterp Happy to hear that your girl is better today! Now must work on you! Been there,done that with the back. Had 2 surgeries. Still feels like I can't get out of the bed in a.m. Still have occasional trip to chiropractor! Very hard to avoid using your back,isn't it!!? Hope you have relief soon! No one knows the pain,until they've been there!
Feel better soon. :blah::pray::yes:

Thanks. Any good at walking on backs?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
Thanks. Any good at walking on backs?

When my boys were young(skin kids) I used to have them walk on my back. The night of my husband's funeral,a woman who lives in Japan(a friend of my niece,)Her hubby is an engineer and Nisson sent him here for two years, came to the house after and gave me a japanese massage. It was the best thing ever.Circumstances were not,but when I needed it most!
[MENTION=11639]rjisaterp[/MENTION] If I walked on your back,you would look like Flat Stanley!!

OP
rjisaterp

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
When my boys were young(skin kids) I used to have them walk on my back. The night of my husband's funeral,a woman who lives in Japan(a friend of my niece,)Her hubby is an engineer and Nisson sent him here for two years, came to the house after and gave me a japanese massage. It was the best thing ever.Circumstances were not,but when I needed it most!
@rjisaterp If I walked on your back,you would look like Flat Stanley!!

Ok...I get the picture but, you're probably over-exaggerating.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.