Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Hi Holly, We hope Joe is doing much better. For Jewel...Her tail pocket has been removed...thank God. However, my Bentley has a small one that has to be cleaned daily now that the weather is warm and moist. Yes...just what yeast needs to cook itself into a frenzy and not to mention fungus. The nose rope and the tail pocket are daily chores around here.

We hope Joe has a speedy recovery and maintenance mode can kick in so it doesn't happen again.

True this weather with allergies is not fun! The vet gave me removal as an option... He said "I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't say it".. I just don't want to put Joe through that at his age and he doesn't have a history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Joe says thank you everyone ImageUploadedByTapatalk1438463674.101243.jpg

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Let me tell you - Tyson was the picture of health since we got him. Once he hit 8 yrs, all the problems started. Allergies, prostate, etc. Thank God that we have gotten through it all, but the allergies/stomach part is something we have deal with and manage every single day now. I'm so glad that Joe is feeling better!!

That's good to know.. I feel a little lost now that he is older.. I feel like I need to reevaluate everything.. Diet , cleaning routine, exercise routine .. Now that he is a little older

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
True this weather with allergies is not fun! The vet gave me removal as an option... He said "I wouldn't be doing my job if I didn't say it".. I just don't want to put Joe through that at his age and he doesn't have a history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I totally understand your position and I agree. The vet gave us the option when Jewel was having her TPLO surgery last year and I said do it as well as having her soft pallet shortened.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
That's good to know.. I feel a little lost now that he is older.. I feel like I need to reevaluate everything.. Diet , cleaning routine, exercise routine .. Now that he is a little older

It's true, you do. Seniors require a little more care. Blood work every 6 months, etc. Tyson's slowed down a lot which is fine. We started him on injections for his arthritis & we see some improvement.,, hoping it gets better as we continue. All in all he's great, besides allergies, etc. his blood work was perfect.... But as they get older things can come on a lot faster so just best to stay on top of it :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.