Oh Joe .... Tail pocket ?

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
So I got home this afternoon from a meeting ... And there Joe is scooting on the carpet and there was blood! He wouldn't let me look at it. I called the vet and they let me come right in. I felt like I was hitting the panic button but he wouldn't let me near him. [emoji47] So the vet took a look and did some tests and said its either his tail pocket that was causing him to scoot or he might have a tumor . He did feel a lump inside the rectal area while checking Joe out. He said he doesn't want to do an X-ray yet but see how Joe does with some ointment for his tail pocket .. He said some Bulldogs have bone in the rectal area and the bump could be bone. Has anyone else heard of this?

I just cleaned his tail pocket with the malcetic wipes and put the ointment on. I'm really hoping it's just his tail pocket but it seemed okay when I cleaned it. Poor bud also has an ear infection which I have been treating for a week .. Say a little prayer for my bud please [emoji53] and thanks [emoji169]

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
Aww damn :(
not too long ago mine had a terrible tail pocket infection, or a terrible tail sprain (depending on which vet you spoke to).
I think it was a tail pocket infection since after it was cleaned out well, he started to feel better.

Allergies are absolutely horrible in the northeast right now, so I wouldn't be surprised if his tail is infected. Especially since his ears are too.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I bet his tail pocket is just sore. Poor guy. Tyson gets his red & inflamed from time to time, even though I constantly clean it! I apply some destin and within a day or so its back to normal. But his eyes, paws, all are a mess now. Damn you allergies, damn you.

punky

Mar 19, 2010
washington, west virginia
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
porkchop, abbey, gucci and rocky,
my rocky had a bad tail pocket infection when i rescued him.. also a bad ear infection.. my vet put some medicine in his ear that is like a real heavy syrup thickness.. she had to heat it first to get it in and told me not to touch it for 7 days.. it was great because i didnt have to pester him everyday to clean it.. worked great.. although the tail pocket infection did not.. we tried 3 rounds of antibiotics and cleanings daily.. its been a week since his tail amputation surgery and hes doing really great.. he is only 1 year old and acts like hes a 3 month old puppy.. we fell in love with the poor guy the minute we seen him and new we had to rescue this poor guy.. now he can get on with the life and enjoy it better.. hope joe feels better soon... it awful to have our fur babies uncomfortable..

Sidpoppy13

Jul 30, 2015
Country
England
Bulldog(s) Names
Poppy and Sid
So I got home this afternoon from a meeting ... And there Joe is scooting on the carpet and there was blood! He wouldn't let me look at it. I called the vet and they let me come right in. I felt like I was hitting the panic button but he wouldn't let me near him. [emoji47] So the vet took a look and did some tests and said its either his tail pocket that was causing him to scoot or he might have a tumor . He did feel a lump inside the rectal area while checking Joe out. He said he doesn't want to do an X-ray yet but see how Joe does with some ointment for his tail pocket .. He said some Bulldogs have bone in the rectal area and the bump could be bone. Has anyone else heard of this?

I just cleaned his tail pocket with the malcetic wipes and put the ointment on. I'm really hoping it's just his tail pocket but it seemed okay when I cleaned it. Poor bud also has an ear infection which I have been treating for a week .. Say a little prayer for my bud please [emoji53] and thanks [emoji169]

Hi there , I have 2 beautiful English Bulldogs brother and sister 10mths old, they both have suffered with infections in there backwards and forwards to vets creams oitments antibiotics , but still came back , so 3 mths ago they both had part of there tails remove , the best thing I done for them both no more infections and they perfectly fine after, no more pain or soreness

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)

How I he doing today? After a good cleaning and some meds.... any better?

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Hey sorry .. Yesterday was a crazy day. Joe seems to be doing much better.. He let me clean his tail pocket and put the ointment in. He hasn't had anymore bleeding. I think [MENTION=7457]nycbullymama[/MENTION] is right .. Allergies are crazy right now . I think it's playing a huge part.
This is the first time in 8 years that Joe has ever has a big issue with his tail pocket. He has always let me clean it without an issue. I also occasionally use desitin when it seems a little irritated.
This year was also the first time he has an ear infection. I'm wondering if his age also plays a factor?
On side note the Vet said to me " you know how many vacations a vet takes a year by how many Bulldogs are in their care. The more Bulldogs the more vacations they can afford". I didn't find it very funny at the time .. Lol

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
Hey sorry .. Yesterday was a crazy day. Joe seems to be doing much better.. He let me clean his tail pocket and put the ointment in. He hasn't had anymore bleeding. I think @nycbullymama is right .. Allergies are crazy right now . I think it's playing a huge part.
This is the first time in 8 years that Joe has ever has a big issue with his tail pocket. He has always let me clean it without an issue. I also occasionally use desitin when it seems a little irritated.
This year was also the first time he has an ear infection. I'm wondering if his age also plays a factor?
On side note the Vet said to me " you know how many vacations a vet takes a year by how many Bulldogs are in their care. The more Bulldogs the more vacations they can afford". I didn't find it very funny at the time .. Lol

Let me tell you - Tyson was the picture of health since we got him. Once he hit 8 yrs, all the problems started. Allergies, prostate, etc. Thank God that we have gotten through it all, but the allergies/stomach part is something we have deal with and manage every single day now. I'm so glad that Joe is feeling better!!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Hey sorry .. Yesterday was a crazy day. Joe seems to be doing much better.. He let me clean his tail pocket and put the ointment in. He hasn't had anymore bleeding. I think @nycbullymama is right .. Allergies are crazy right now . I think it's playing a huge part.

so glad he is doing better.... allergies and age just do not seem to mix.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
So Glad that Joe is doing better, I Pray he will be ear infection free and his tail pocket will be ok. Love You Mr. Joe.

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto

Oh man, do I HATE when they say this! Even a country vet who has her hand up in cow a***s most of the days, through that line at me. And I know that in the area we live in are just a couple of bullys. We were there twice at once...the first and the last time...

From now on when vet go to a vet I'm wearing my "I love my bulldog" -shirt, just if that makes them think even a little about i_love_my_bulldog_1.jpgwhat they say...

Glad Joe is doing better.

rjisaterp

Community Veteran
Apr 18, 2014
Somewhere in the Universe. Really Maryland.
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Cooper, Jewel (April 27, 2013-May 7, 2022-RIPDaddy's Girl) and (Bentley Oct 2013-Dec 2021)
Hi Holly, We hope Joe is doing much better. For Jewel...Her tail pocket has been removed...thank God. However, my Bentley has a small one that has to be cleaned daily now that the weather is warm and moist. Yes...just what yeast needs to cook itself into a frenzy and not to mention fungus. The nose rope and the tail pocket are daily chores around here.

We hope Joe has a speedy recovery and maintenance mode can kick in so it doesn't happen again.

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
Oh man, do I HATE when they say this! Even a country vet who has her hand up in cow a***s most of the days, through that line at me. And I know that in the area we live in are just a couple of bullys. We were there twice at once...the first and the last time...

From now on when vet go to a vet I'm wearing my "I love my bulldog" -shirt, just if that makes them think even a little about View attachment 89703what they say...

Glad Joe is doing better.

Seriously..l this was a covering vet..not one of the regulars...I know my regular vet would never say it.. I'm sure it is has some truth too but not okay to say while I'm sitting there worrying about my bud

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OP
Holly33

Holly33

Aug 23, 2013
New Hampshire
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Joe
So Glad that Joe is doing better, I Pray he will be ear infection free and his tail pocket will be ok. Love You Mr. Joe.

Thank you! He let me put the medicine on again today so that's good!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.