Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Worried About Max

Checking in on Max, so sorry he's not better

Continued prayers for correct dx & effective treatment.

Thank you for updating us, please continue doing so!

Sending big hugs to all <3

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Max
    Likes (Received)

She has a certificate from University Of Georgia in Veterinary Medical School so yes I assume she is qualified. Mike

3. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post
    Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Rosalie
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
    Likes (Received)

I'm sorry to hear that Max isn't any better. I think what Christine meant was, most vets do not have bulldog experience and it makes a difference. Especially if your bully needs surgery. There is a different kind of anesthesia they use for bulldogs because of their compromised breathing, and they are monitored differently after surgery because they can have severe swelling due in their airway to being intubated for surgery. This isn't a slight on your vet, I'm sure she is board certified and a good vet, you may just want to discuss with her the things I mentioned. Good luck to you and Max and please update when you can on how he is.
    My smooshy face boy!

The Ultimate Sourmug Become a 4 Paw Member
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Jessica
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
    Likes (Received)

Default Worried About Max

Quote Originally Posted by brutus77 View Post
    I'm sorry to hear that Max isn't any better. I think what Christine meant was, most vets do not have bulldog experience and it makes a difference. Especially if your bully needs surgery. There is a different kind of anesthesia they use for bulldogs because of their compromised breathing, and they are monitored differently after surgery because they can have severe swelling due in their airway to being intubated for surgery. This isn't a slight on your vet, I'm sure she is board certified and a good vet, you may just want to discuss with her the things I mentioned. Good luck to you and Max and please update when you can on how he is.
    Rosalie makes a very valid point. I experienced this first hand and almost lost Tyson last year. This particular vet & his tech weren't very familiar w the breed, and Tyson went into respiratory failure.

Flash forward 2nd surgery he had to have in Jan. this time with a vet & staff super experienced with Bulldogs, he did amazing, no issues, and was able to go home the same day. It's unbelievable the difference experience can make.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My whole heart, Tyson.
    Whoever said diamonds are a girls best friend, obviously never owned a Bulldog.

6. Likes 2BullyMama, Manydogs, Texas Carol liked this post
    Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN Become a 4 Paw Member
    Real Name
    Carol
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Fat Cami
    Likes (Received)

Quote Originally Posted by cmelledge View Post
    She has a certificate from University Of Georgia in Veterinary Medical School so yes I assume she is qualified. Mike

So often on EBN, experience saves one of these precious bully's life. Nothing against your
    Vet at all and hopefully she's got it all going on!

My 1st bulldog, Brutus, died just after dental surgery, came to just fine but died in recovery,
    in his cage. I believe if he'd been left intubated and in surgery room a bit longer, when he went
    into distress they might could have saved him. A friend of mine's Vet, does this with ALL of her
    flat nosed patients and they've saved many just because of this ONE thing she does. One more
    thing I learned in researching his death, some antibiotics are hard on their hearts, he was given
    antibiotics during surgery, now, I would ask them to give LATER, after surgery. Only experience,
    knowledge, dedication, taking each death personally & LOVE for what you do & for your patients,
    all this and much more make the difference (sometimes) between life or death.

May God bless your Max & his Vet Team!

My 1st bully, Brutus
    RIP beloved boy.

8. Likes TyTysmom, 2BullyMama liked this post
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads