Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: chin acne? or more severe problem?

Default Re: chin acne? or more severe problem?

Just an update,
    I found a local pet store owner who also has a bully. With the wealth of advice and info I got from this site so far and the knowlegdable store owner, Ive began switching murphy to California Naturals lamb and rice. This site and forum has been fantastic and I'm really glad I found it. I will give it a little time then I will let everyone know how he is doing. I'm very optimistic because it seems like a really stripped down quality food and she even told me that if it didnt work out, I could bring back any unused food for exchange. She has FROMM there and speaks very highly of it but suggested this food because it has less ingredients. Her advice was to get him going on this and if all clears up and he is doing well, if I still wanted to, to then switch to the FROMM. Fingers crossed, he has seemed so uncomfortable and agitated the last few months......I want to see him start to smile and really enjoy what an awesome owner he has lol.......thanks again everyone!!!

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    By many names depending on the situation?
    Likes (Received)

[QUOTE=Chunksmama;43391]@murphywalker ... I have the same issue with my Chunk ... we are in the process of changing foods too. This is our second food change so far. First was from Royal Canin Bulldog 24 (not good at all)

Can someone answer why "Royal Canin" is Not good ?
    Please let me know why and where does the information come from. Honestly I am feeding this now.
    Thank you,
    B&B~ABEBD

"Opinions are FREE, Suggestions are TRUSTED, Advice is RESPECTED" bwl @2013

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

Hi, I have heard about the benefit of a "grain free" and we feed a brand that is GF. But, we have 5 EBD, and do not have any issues with "chicken" as a problem. How common of a problem is this?
    B&B~ABEBD

Feed Store Operator
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Likes (Received)

[I should also mention that I religiously dry his face and chin completely after he drinks water. I do not let him drink and walk away and stay with a wet face and chin.[/QUOTE]

I hope EVERYONE does this everytime. Not only is it important for the bully face...it saves the carpet, the couch, your clothes, your face from the dribbles/drizzels...
    B&B~ABEBD

Member of Bulldog Addicts Anonymous Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Samson
    Likes (Received)
    Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by ABEBD View Post
    Can someone answer why "Royal Canin" is Not good ?
    Please let me know why and where does the information come from. Honestly I am feeding this now.
    Thank you,
    @ABEBD Here is the review for the Royal Canin bulldog formula Dog Food Reviews - Royal Canin Medium Breed Bulldog (24) - Powered by ReviewPost If you ask me it's way overpriced for only being 2 stars out of 6. With bullys you really want to feed AT LEAST a 3 star food.

"Looking at a bulldog is said to cure the worse of the blues, living with one, serves to prevent them!" -Author unknown

Real Name
    Dionne Iachetta
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Busters
    Likes (Received)

The same thing happened to Busters. As soon as I switched him from a plastic dish to stainless steel, his acne got better.
    Dee & Busters (aka Bustys)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Remove Ads