ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Walter isn't feeling well… he barely ate breakfast this morning, and he refused dinner. Stools are a little lose, but not full blown diarrhea… he is drinking plenty of water. He will take a snack (of course) I just don't know what is up w/him… my poor baby :fie: Any ideas?!!

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Does he have any nasal discharge or eat anything that he shouldn't have that you know of?

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Does he have any nasal discharge or eat anything that he shouldn't have that you know of?

He has had a clear discharge for a couple of weeks now, but the weed pollen is high (I have an allergy app on my phone… Lol) and I've been feeling like crap as well. I don't think that he ate anything, but Marcus is basically living here now so who knows… Ugh!!!

Donnam

Nov 5, 2014
Dallas, Texas (Richardson)
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Winnie
Oh, I hate that! I'm always so nervous when dogs refuse to eat. I used to take my dogs in to the vet at the first sign of no appetite. My last vet said to me one of those times, "You know sometimes you just aren't hungry? Well, sometimes your dog just isn't hungry." What a way to make me feel like an alarmist! With my dogs, a lack of appetite is usually accompanied by stomach rumblings and my dogs seem to be restless and clingy. But, usually they are okay the next day. If not, then it's off to the vet!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
He has had a clear discharge for a couple of weeks now, but the weed pollen is high (I have an allergy app on my phone… Lol) and I've been feeling like crap as well. I don't think that he ate anything, but Marcus is basically living here now so who knows… Ugh!!!

Could it be the heat? Nitschke was like that when it was too hot for him... Nibbled and runny poo with lots of sleep

cali baker

Worlds Greatest Chef
Feb 25, 2011
The Crown City (Pasadena)
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Tate Rory & Finn Paddington
Oh no! i hope it's just a brief phase that will pass on its own. Can u check his temperature? See how he is overnight and then if still the same tomorrow, take him to the vet.

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Could it be the heat? Nitschke was like that when it was too hot for him... Nibbled and runny poo with lots of sleep

Yes I think so… he just ate some food while Jennifer HAND fed him… Oh BOY!!! :facepalm2:

- - - Updated - - -

Oh no! i hope it's just a brief phase that will pass on its own. Can u check his temperature? See how he is overnight and then if still the same tomorrow, take him to the vet.

Yes Henny I can, but Jennifer just hand fed him and now he's eating… what the HECK?!! Lol

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
Crap, I don't like to hear this, not eating in my house is a huge cause for alarm. Praying he will eat and not worry you to death!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Crap, I don't like to hear this, not eating in my house is a huge cause for alarm. Praying he will eat and not worry you to death!

If he refuses breakfast in the morning then I'm taking him in to the vet… I honestly think he wanted to be hand fed today… Lol

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
Uh oh. He could be playing you... However, it could be the heat. We just noticed with Harlea that with as hot as it is if she goes potty right before dinner she doesn't eat it as fast as she normally does and wants to stay in her crate a bit longer so it is a definite possibility with the Gatorman.

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Sending kisses to WallyGator and tight hugs to you.

Unless he continues to not eat w/ no other symptoms
I'd think it's heat, humidity and/or allergies. I had to
get out quite a bit last couple of weeks and one day,
multiple trips in & out, I came in & promptly vomited!
Was so surprised but it's just too much sometimes ;(
Cami gets hot if she has to pee AND poop (time finding
just the right spot, lol) and is chewing her front paw,
not a regular thing altho she will lick occasionally, may
have gotten bit by fire ants, got several ant beds out
there. Keep us posted!

OP
ddnene

ddnene

Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Sending kisses to WallyGator and tight hugs to you.

Unless he continues to not eat w/ no other symptoms
I'd think it's heat, humidity and/or allergies. I had to
get out quite a bit last couple of weeks and one day,
multiple trips in & out, I came in & promptly vomited!
Was so surprised but it's just too much sometimes ;(
Cami gets hot if she has to pee AND poop (time finding
just the right spot, lol) and is chewing her front paw,
not a regular thing altho she will lick occasionally, may
have gotten bit by fire ants, got several ant beds out
there. Keep us posted!

Oh NO… I'm so sorry Carol, I hope that you are feeling better!!! Wally is chewing on his paws AGAIN… I accidentally got Pork & Peas in the delivery so I threw the rest of it out, and put him back on Beef. I'm seriously over this summer… it's been miserably hot here and the humidity is over the top...

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Oh NO… I'm so sorry Carol, I hope that you are feeling better!!! Wally is chewing on his paws AGAIN… I accidentally got Pork & Peas in the delivery so I threw the rest of it out, and put him back on Beef. I'm seriously over this summer… it's been miserably hot here and the humidity is over the top...

No worries, Honey, think it was heat as I never had any further problems
after throwing up. Never have done that from heat in my life, so weird. I'll
just take precautions now that it's happened to me, things change as you
age and have illness. Once again a smackdown...I am not Super Woman!

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I agree it may be the heat, but keep an eye on him and if isn't back to himself tomorrow or the next day, I would take him to the vet and have him checked out, maybe a stool sample? I hope Wally is okay and back to himself tomorrow. Please keep us updated on how he's doing. Just offer him lots of fresh water, and maybe try him on a bland diet for a day or two in case he has a tummy bug.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.