Pink Lump

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Found this on Bowser couple days ago and it hasn't gone away yet so I'm getting a little worried and paranoid it's something bad because I'm a worry wart. It doesn't itch him at all and it doesn't hurt him when I touch it and squeeze it a little. It's located on his right cheek.

82f9bf7f9e60478bfdc72d1344b53253.jpg

I also found these on his chest.

1746b7bcbf92769a698c9fedb8180882.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is Bowser again?

Manydogs

Community Veteran
May 2, 2013
Tennessee
Country
U.S.A.
Bulldog(s) Names
Maudee,MarthaKatie,Lizzie,Bro.Mini
This resembles a hystiocytoma(sp?) to me. They usually go away on their own,usually in a month or so, but I would still like the veterinarian to see it. I can not see the chest very well to tell if it is the same. Some older dogs(I don't know the age of your dog) sometimes get tumors on them-usually benign, but not always. I would have your vet check things out,to be sure.

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
I can't totally tell from the pictures but sometimes Ruckus will get bug bites that swell up like this, they're puss- filled and eventually pop and dry up. But is hate to say that and it we something serious. Safest bet is to get the vet to check it out if you're getting bad vibes.

Vikinggirl

Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
Great advice given above. It's always better to be safe than sorry and have the vet check it out, even if it turns out to be nothing. Please keep us posted.

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] he is 13 weeks old. I'm more concerned with the lump on his cheek. The lump doesn't seemed to have puss in it either. Should I wait a few weeks and see what happens or should he see the vet right away? He's due for his final shots in 3 weeks

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] he is 13 weeks old. I'm more concerned with the lump on his cheek. The lump doesn't seemed to have puss in it either. Should I wait a few weeks and see what happens or should he see the vet right away? He's due for his final shots in 3 weeks

I agree with Lynn -- looks like hysto-thingy, could also be puppy warts --- neither require meds so unless it gets worse or it changes i would wait and talk to vet at next appt. keep close eye any changes snd call them.

Keep us posted too

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
This resembles a hystiocytoma(sp?) to me. They usually go away on their own,usually in a month or so, but I would still like the veterinarian to see it. I can not see the chest very well to tell if it is the same. Some older dogs(I don't know the age of your dog) sometimes get tumors on them-usually benign, but not always. I would have your vet check things out,to be sure.

I agree, hystiocytoma. I'm sure it will be okay, but have the vet check it out to be sure. The strange thing about these is they appear overnight!

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Good news! The lump went away so I guess it was probably hystiocytoma. Or something else not serious.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Good news! The lump went away so I guess it was probably hystiocytoma. Or something else not serious.

EXCELLENT!!! :jump:

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.