Up All Night Panting ..... what's up with this ?

harveyspecter

Harvey's Executive Assistant
Community Veteran
Aug 5, 2014
Yorba Linda (The OC), California
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Harvey Specter
UPDATE:: Maximus has gained more weight, and is now up to 88-lbs. He had to see an Opthamologist on Friday at the recommendation of his current Vet. The diagnosis is Entropion in both eyes, Dry Eye in both eyes, and Chronic Keratoconjunctivitis
in both Eyes. He is now on NeoPolyDex ointment in the (L) eye 2x daily, in addition to Cyclosporine 2% drops in both eyes 3x daily
and Genteal Ointment in both eyes 3x daily. He has corneal inflammation, corneal edema, fibrosis and vascularization. He is on a
Weight Management Dry Food (FROMM). He refuses to eat any raw vegetables (green beans, carrots, etc.). He is also seeing
a Dermatologist, and has severe Hyperkeratosis on his nose, and all four pawpads. The back paws are worse then the front paws.
I have to use Bag Balm and Bio Balm on the pawpads in addition to Kerasal ointment. Snout Soother is used on his nose.
He is at this stage total maintenance daily. I will be making another appt. to see his regular Vet this week to check his Tail Pocket -
I want to insure there is not a problem. I cleaned the tail pocket today with Witch Hazel, and got a small amount of blood on the wipe. It could have been from my finger irritating the area while cleaning.

Please keep Maximus in your thoughts and prayers as right now he is not in good health.

Good old luck to the big guy. Positive thoughts going his way.

Gwensmama

Nov 13, 2020
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Gwen
Maximus has nights where he doesn't sleep all night long, and he sits up panting all night long! It is really a problem, and troublesome to hear/see. I don't know what would make him not sleep, and I don't know what
would cause him to be Panting all night long. The AC is on, so it certainly is not hot/warm in the house. I just
don't know what is causing this ......

Does anyone have a clue as to what might be going on here ?

Gwen does this too! Sometimes she keeps me up all night. Its usually when her tail pocket is infected and bothering her.

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Gwen does this too! Sometimes she keeps me up all night. Its usually when her tail pocket is infected and bothering her.

Hi there, my brindle has tail pocket issues since a pup. She 5yrs old now. I clean her tail once a week but in the beginning was every 2-3 days. I use my essential oil mix I made. Works great n never needed to amputate her tail.

15 drops Lavender
15 drops Geranium
15 drops Frankincense
15 drops Basil
10 drops Arborvitae (thuja Will do if you canā€™t find Arborvitae)
Add all to approximately 4-5 Oz of fractionated coconut oil. The clear one. Shake well. I use fragrance free baby wipes. Wear a glove and go as deep till you hit the back wall of the tail. Keep cleaning till wipe comes out clean.

Same recipe to clean ears. Great for maintenance. Or simply use the FCO with lavender..

Hceril

Jan 19, 2017
Middle Georgia
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella (EBD) Roxy (pit mix) Tyson (pit mix) Sadie (boxer)
My son works at a vet and he always says if they are panting seeming to be for no reason (like they havenā€™t been running around or it isnā€™t extremely hot out) they are usually is some sort of pain or discomfort.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

helsonwheels

Jan 10, 2016
Alberta
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Nyala, Jake (R.I.P. Duke)
Nyala if she pants itā€™s cause sheā€™s hot. Never she pants cause her tail pocket. If she sits beside people, sheā€™ll start panting cause too hot for her, then lays down n starts snoring... Donā€™t ask! Jake pants cause he has anxiety.

thett

Nov 7, 2018
MI
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Stella, Harvey
I hope you get some relief for Maximus soon. Sending you both love and healing prayers for him!

Most Reactions

šŸ“° Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.