Thread: Possible Grass Allergies???

Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Bella
    Likes (Received)

Default Possible Grass Allergies???

Hi my fellow Bullie lovers! Just a quick question. Our English Bulldog Miss Bella is 9 and we have had a ruff road lately with her and what we have thought to be "hot spots". We have tried every steroid, come to find out her VERY sensative tummy cannot stand any of them. Medicated baths every 3 days, steroidal spray with no relief. I know believe she is allergic to grass. The "spots" are only on her under belly that touch the grass when she goes potty and only when our housing community does not mowe. We have not gotten her tested as our vet has informed us it is extremely expensive. I give Bella 60mg of benedryl to try to help with her itching again with no relief. Can anyone please offer some suggestions please! Thank you!!! Beth

The New Casper Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Todd
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Harlea
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Default Re: Possible Grass Allergies???

My Harlea has contact grass allergies as well. Along with benedryl we wipe her down after every time she goes out and use gold bond spray to provide some relief. It doesn't get rid of all the itchies but it helps with some relief.
    Bulldogs are like potato chips. You just can't stop with one.

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog? I am an EBN Reporter
    Become a 4 Paw Member
    I Have Earned Community Veteran Status!
    Need help with the forums?  Contact me!
    Real Name
    Christine
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Lambeau, Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014)
    Trophies
    Likes (Received)

Our girl was allergic to grass, weeds and all kinds of tress.... what I did that helped a lot (does not eliminate) use a cool wash cloth and wipe her after each outing, paws, belly and face -- it gets all the pollen off and lessens the impact
    ----------------------------------------------------------------
    There is a part of your heart not alive until a bulldog has entered your lif
    e.

Nitschke (2004-2011) and Banks (2005-2014) -- My angels
    Thank you for all the love, fun and teachings

4. Likes TyTysmom liked this post
    Real Name
    Tracy
    Country
    USA
    Bulldog(s) Names
    Remy
    Likes (Received)

Our Remy has had problems w grass pollen as well. Benedryl didn't work for us either nor zyrtec or any other allergy medication. Nothing really worked actually. So we are now doing our best to keep her off the grass. If she is exposed to grass, like other members have mentioned, wipe her down immediately after.I've heard a baking soda rinse may help remove pollen. I haven't tried it but maybe it would help you. Sometimes, if weather permits (I live in tx), we will put a thin shirt/tank on her to keep her belly from rubbing on the grass. I hope u find some relief for your bully! Goodluck

6. Likes 2BullyMama liked this post

Remove Ads