Mrsgates2010

Apr 24, 2015
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Bella
Hi my fellow Bullie lovers! Just a quick question. Our English Bulldog Miss Bella is 9 and we have had a ruff road lately with her and what we have thought to be "hot spots". We have tried every steroid, come to find out her VERY sensative tummy cannot stand any of them. Medicated baths every 3 days, steroidal spray with no relief. I know believe she is allergic to grass. The "spots" are only on her under belly that touch the grass when she goes potty and only when our housing community does not mowe. We have not gotten her tested as our vet has informed us it is extremely expensive. I give Bella 60mg of benedryl to try to help with her itching again with no relief. Can anyone please offer some suggestions please! Thank you!!! Beth :)

Marine91

The New Casper
Staff member
May 15, 2013
Blips and Chitz
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Harlea 5/4/13 - 8/25/22
My Harlea has contact grass allergies as well. Along with benedryl we wipe her down after every time she goes out and use gold bond spray to provide some relief. It doesn't get rid of all the itchies but it helps with some relief.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Cubby (Frenchie) Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Our girl was allergic to grass, weeds and all kinds of tress.... what I did that helped a lot (does not eliminate) use a cool wash cloth and wipe her after each outing, paws, belly and face -- it gets all the pollen off and lessens the impact

Tracy361

Oct 13, 2014
Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Remy
Our Remy has had problems w grass pollen as well. Benedryl didn't work for us either nor zyrtec or any other allergy medication. Nothing really worked actually. So we are now doing our best to keep her off the grass. If she is exposed to grass, like other members have mentioned, wipe her down immediately after.I've heard a baking soda rinse may help remove pollen. I haven't tried it but maybe it would help you. Sometimes, if weather permits (I live in tx), we will put a thin shirt/tank on her to keep her belly from rubbing on the grass. I hope u find some relief for your bully! Goodluck

Most Reactions

Members online

No members online now.