Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
I sent my mother a video of Tucker playing with Sophie in the kiddie pool yesterday. She emailed me back and told me that they looked fat and that I need to make sure I am not feeding them too much. Sophie is only 9 weeks old, so I don't really worry about her. Tucker does seem kind of chunky, but I don't think he is fat. He is 5 months old. I feed Sophie TOTW puppy, and Tucker gets TOTW adult. I feed Sophie three times a day, and Tucker two. They finish their food within minutes, and I sure would hate to feed them less. They do not get treats, except for NuVet, and an occasional frozen blueberry.

Does he look fat?
Tucker.PNG
Tucker too.PNG

RiiSi

Community Veteran
Sep 30, 2011
Sysmä
Country
Finland
Bulldog(s) Names
Taisto, Kylli, Salli, Angel-Usko and Angel-Voitto
No, he doesn't look fat.
A lot of people who don't know bulldogs think they're fat. We know this old lady who visits us sometimes and she always remembers to say that our dogs are so "well kept" and by the look in her face I know she means fat. But then again a lot of bullys are kept too fat. In my opinion they don't need to be fatter than any other breed and the waist line should be visible.

OP
Mom of Tucker

Mom of Tucker

Jun 22, 2015
Texas
Country
United States
Bulldog(s) Names
Sophie (2015), Jasper (2020), Tucker (2015-2020)
Thank you, [MENTION=3354]RiiSi[/MENTION]! My mother has always been a freak about someone being fat, especially me growing up, and then I found out I wasn't as "fat" as she said i was. She has Boxers, so they are not going to be as wide as a Bulldog. I will not even reply to her remark, just to keep peace. :pleasantry:

g8erjackie

Dec 13, 2012
Washington, DC
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Ruckus and Regina
He doesn't look fat to me. He's still s puppy himself right? I think they are a little more meatball-ish in figure until they really hit adulthood. You don't want them to have big guts or heads that disappear into their necks, but a chubby puppy isn't a huge worry. I think your pups look great!

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
looks good to me...

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.