Zit?

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Is this just a pimple? It's a small red bump located on the top of his head.

11d0588caef4fdee22e99bb1372c1fbf.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is he? can you get a little closer on the spot? I increased size, but still cannot see the 'zit'

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
I can see something but it doesn't look like a zit from the picture. It looks like a little patch of hair missing, very tiny though. Is that what we're looking at? Is it red, inflamed?

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
Here are some more pics. It's a small bump that is a little red and seems to be dry skin.

9675f1dce44c16eaf08e3cb1fc44e00c.jpg

522443bc178d99dbdfcc5afcb77ded1f.jpg

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
How old is your little munchin?

dalmatina38

The Stripe Wearing, Broom Wielding, Voodoo Prieste
Community Veteran
Jul 13, 2012
Sierra Vista Arizona
Bulldog(s) Names
Amber and Ruby
Turn the lights out and put a black light on it. IF it glows then it is ring worm and you will need an antifungal cream to get rid of it, usually means a trip to the vet. If you have cats chances are one of them tapped him and scratched him. If it starts getting any worse take him to the vet. It could be any number of things but I would recommend watching it for a couple of days to see what it does before you make a trip to the vet.

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] he will be 3 months on Thursday.

He's due for his 2nd set of shots this week so I will ask the vet then. I just thought I'd ask the knowledgeable people here first in case it was something that couldn't wait. I really hope it isn't ringworm as he was dewormed a couple times already.

2BullyMama

Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
@2BullyMama he will be 3 months on Thursday.

He's due for his 2nd set of shots this week so I will ask the vet then. I just thought I'd ask the knowledgeable people here first in case it was something that couldn't wait. I really hope it isn't ringworm as he was dewormed a couple times already.

GOOD... ask the vet.... cause I am thinking it MIGHT/could be mange. the little 'bubbles' that look to be on top of the 'zit' make me think that, but I hope to heck I am wrong. It is very hard to see the picture. come back and tell you it was just a scratch :D

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] after researching online, I fear you might be right. It looks like it could be localized mange but we shall see what the vet says.

Mishell

Apr 6, 2015
Country
Australia
Bulldog(s) Names
Chumley
Hi it looks similar to what my Chumley gets , does hair come off with the dry skin if top gets scratched off ? Chumley is now 18 months and has been getting it for 8 months or so
If so my vet said teenage acne and it comes and goes I find a soft cloth with chlorhexadine on it helps heaps it goes in a couple of days.

bullmama

Owner/Administrator
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jan 28, 2010
Tucson, Arizona
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
The Home of the Desert Sky Pack
[MENTION=2894]2BullyMama[/MENTION] he will be 3 months on Thursday.

Ringworm is a fungus not a worm, don't worry even my pediatrician can't get that straight. (Long story)

It looks like just a bacterial bump to me, I'd put neoshporin on it, puppies injure themselves a lot, so hopefully that is all it is.

OP
Steelstacks

Steelstacks

May 30, 2015
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bowser
So I just returned from the vet and he said it was just a scab and my puppy must've scraped his little head somehow. I always keep an eye on him but he always crawls underneath everything so it sounds about right. So glad it isn't something worse.

He is now 20 lbs at 3 months old. Seems like he's going to get big!

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.