Norwegian Rose
Community Veteran
Oct 8, 2012
Burlington, ON Canada
Country
Canada
Bulldog(s) Names
Bulldozer and Blossom
I'm so sorry to hear this Grace. I was hoping to see a good update that she was feeling better. Does the vet know what is causing the seizures? Is it a type of Epilepsy? I'm praying and sending big hugs that she is better soon. Please keep us posted.

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying and Sending Positive Thoughts to Precious Nelly, Please keep us updated on this Precious One.

ddnene

EBN's SWEETHEART aka our little GOOB
Staff member
Jun 19, 2013
Nashville, Tennessee
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Willow (2015) Walter (2014-22) Winston (2012-13) Wellie (2012-13) Bella (2007-13)
Thank you all again. She is having focal seizures, causing the foaming, fever, bowel control issues. She has been admitted to the er/icu overnight to stabilize and test. She was comfortable when I left her, respiratory distress relieved (full bully panting for hours) and treated with anti-seizure meds. Please think good thoughts. Hoping for a good outcome.

I'm so sorry to hear this… sending prayers that she will get better soon. Keep us posted!!!

OP
N

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
I'm so sorry to hear this Grace. I was hoping to see a good update that she was feeling better. Does the vet know what is causing the seizures? Is it a type of Epilepsy? I'm praying and sending big hugs that she is better soon. Please keep us posted.
They don't know the cause yet. We are discussing extensive testing today.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
They don't know the cause yet. We are discussing extensive testing today.

Bless her heart. We are all praying for her! I hope they can find the cause, and provide you with something to help her. Please keep us posted on the testing, etc. How is she doing today. I know you mentioned she stayed in the ER last night. Poor baby, take a tshirt or favorite blanket of hers there so she can have your scent there with her.

2BullyMama

I'm not OCD....now who moved my bulldog?
Staff member
Community Veteran
Jul 28, 2011
Gilbertsville, PA
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Chelios (Frenchie), Nitschke (2004-2011) Banks (2005-2014) and Lambeau (2014-2024)
Thank you all again. She is having focal seizures, causing the foaming, fever, bowel control issues. She has been admitted to the er/icu overnight to stabilize and test. She was comfortable when I left her, respiratory distress relieved (full bully panting for hours) and treated with anti-seizure meds. Please think good thoughts. Hoping for a good outcome.

sending lots of prayers that she better and is home with you soon

Texas Carol

Texas Carol....put the heart in EBN
Community Veteran
Jul 4, 2012
Central Texas
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus & Cami live in Heaven
Checking in and hating to hear she's in the er.

Continued prayers that cause is found & seizures
controlled with meds.

Wrapping arms around you, Grace, knowing this is
scary & lonely without Nelly with you.

OP
N

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
Still in the ER. Sedated today for tests and they wanted to keep her until she was 24 hours without seizure. Hope to bring her home tomorrow and get a second opinion on recommended procedures. Thanks all. Doing some research and may post some specific questions I have under separate threads.

brutus77

Skinny-Dippin' Smokin' Tidy Bowl Bionic Woman
Jul 18, 2013
Long Island NY
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Brutus, Frankie, and Jack
Praying they can identify the cause and treat her successfully.

OP
N

nellbell

Feb 5, 2014
Braintree, MA
Country
united states
Bulldog(s) Names
Nelly
She's home. Panted and paced for a good hour then finally settled in for a nap. Neuro second opinion tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone for your help, advice, prayers, etc. I'm very grateful to have a community of bulldog lovers to turn to in times like these.

nycbullymama

Dec 22, 2012
Country
usa
Bulldog(s) Names
b and w
They're our furry toddlers .. it's so hard when they're not well.

Fingers crossed tomorrow goes well.

TyTysmom

Nov 4, 2014
Katy, TX
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Tyson aka "Ty-Ty"
She's home. Panted and paced for a good hour then finally settled in for a nap. Neuro second opinion tomorrow. Thanks again to everyone for your help, advice, prayers, etc. I'm very grateful to have a community of bulldog lovers to turn to in times like these.

I am so happy to hear that she is HOME. I bet she is so happy too. Thank you to you for being such a wonderful & caring parent to Nelly. I know I speak for all of us here on EBN when we say we are all pulling for her & praying for her. Give her lots & lots of extra love, cuddles, and hugs from us please!

My Otis

Community Veteran
Sep 2, 2013
North Carolina
Country
USA
Bulldog(s) Names
Elmo
Praying for Precious Nelly to get well, give her loads of Kisses from me and Elmo.

Most Reactions

📰 Latest posts

Members online

No members online now.